Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray must have been having a happy dream this afternoon- he was sound asleep, and was wagging his tail for about 2 minutes.

I never saw him do that before- do any of your dogs wag in their sleep?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Yogi runs and squeals in his sleep. :huh:

And I can't tell what the lovely and talented Bailey does because she sleeps all curled up like a red fox. :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rusty never has but Stickers wags quite often and unfortunately almost everynight starts howling while sound asleep. They are fun to watch when they entertain us

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dozer & Digger will just twitch a little, but the other day I saw Dudley was running at full stride.
I was worried the first time I saw Dudley dream, he was shaking so bad I thought the worst. When I put my hand on him he stopped, raised his head, and looked at me like he was saying, "Hey, I almost caught that rabbit!" :angry:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Stomps wags his tail sometimes in his sleep, which makes me feel really good because he was a rescue and I know his early life was not good. So I feel like he's telling me he's happy. Lightning is always happy, but a couple of times he's risen up out of a dead sleep to growl at the front door. Luckily I know no one is there, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't awake when he did it. But boy did it make the hair on my neck stand up!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Bogie occasionally wags his tail in his sleep. The first time it happened his tail was hitting me in the head, woke me up, and I couldn't stop laughing. He also twitches his lips and moves his legs in his sleep, often accompanied by some low growling. I just imagine he's
dreaming about the bunnies..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dusty does a little of everything in his sleep. LOL He will wag his tail, bark, run and sometimes when he is on his bed he will look like he is hopping. It is the oddest thing... But very entertaining for us.

:D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Emma wags in her sleep all the time. And runs. And barks. But it's so funny when she barks, because it's this high-pitched sqeal...which is so NOT how she barks when she's awake!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Both my hounds twitch sometimes in their sleep and make this wierd noise as if they are trying to bark, but can't get the sound out...my husband on the other hand has taken to laughing like a mad man in his dead sleep! :blink:

~Heather

·
Registered
183 Posts
Luther wags his tail when he's sleeping. Sweetest thing I've ever seen. Sammy chases stuff - I'm guessing squirrels. Her legs move so fast she must be running! :lol:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Last night at 3am Hana let out the most incredible Basset howl. It woke us all up and the other two dogs looked at her as though she was nuts. I went over to see if she was ok and as I went over to her she wagged her tail furiously before curling up again and going back to sleep. I have absolutely NO idea what she was dreaming about...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts