·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Oooh, love the sad face, Vlad...!

well, Worm chewed a lot but didn't really destroy too much. however, there are teeth marks on the legs of the dining room and coffee tables, with some of the black pain scratched off. We had little collateral damage overall, but the tables did not get off scott-free, unfortunately. we'll keep our fingers crossed for your dining room.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
FWIW most of the basset puppies I have owned prefferred wood while teething keep approrate wooden chew toy helped limit damage to other wooden items imho

Vlad with his new bone
1 was expecting your arm or one of the bones attached to it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
He is a beautiful little hunk of a basset. He looks like a crafty little one to me! Thanks for putting pics of him up. I think many on the forum feel a special bond with these pups, as we have watched them grow from birth.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Thats my handsome boy.I miss you Vlad.You were always trying to out smart me and a few times you did. Ummm, I would pick up some Chew Guard or Bitter Apple,or your table legs may not be long for this world:)))) Thanks for the photos Tanya.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You could also get some of those trunk guards they put on new trees to protect the bark. You could put them on the legs until he passes that phase. On the other hand putting guards on might just make them more appealing to him.

·
Registered
517 Posts
What a beautiful puppy -- he makes my heart twitter!!!! How could you every be angry with him if he ate your table -- all he will have to do is bat those pretty eyes and you will melt!!! Those tree trunk things sound like a good idea if they will fit on the table legs. We happened to be quite fortunate when Paisley was little she just didn't chew on anything and we had her gated in our kitchen when we worked. But we did have a springer who decided to lick one spot on the wall until he licked a hole in the drywall everytime we were not looking -- the more we patched the more he nibbled until finally he found something else to mangle.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
I would pick up some Chew Guard or Bitter Apple
Yum puppy condiments.

Basset pups chew a lot more than pug pups
Next prediction in basset vs pug, I couldn't believe a basset could shed the equvilent of a pugs weight in hair in a single week. Believe it, fall shedding season is just around the corner and timed to conincide with puppy to adult coat change over as well.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
What a little cutie – you’re in for a lot of fun with that little guy. Lucky you and congratulations!!!

Jen~

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yum puppy condiments.

Next prediction in basset vs pug, I couldn't believe a basset could shed the equvilent of a pugs weight in hair in a single week. Believe it, fall shedding season is just around the corner and timed to conincide with puppy to adult coat change over as well.
Sorry... this one i am going to disagree... though he does shed a lot , my pugs are double coated they shed like a husky..LOL I have to shop vac their hair up daily from around crates, i have yet to have to do that once for Vlad.:)

Not that hair is a big deal, they all get groomed regular and it keeps it at bay in all breeds.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That is too funny MikeyT.I use to wonder if you had a sense of humor,now I know you do. He shouldn't shed too,I say,(Foghorn Leghorn here),too much if you've got him on a good food .I forgot what you say you feed. HEY! Get shooting more pictures.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
That is too funny MikeyT.I use to wonder if you had a sense of humor,
I'm always hilarious :p it's just I have difficulty translating sarcasim to the written page most of the time. and tends to come off as mean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts