Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Mr. Vlad is getting to be a big man! Yesterday weight in at 38 lbs.
He spent yesterday playing with his brother Jet and sister Racer.
I was amazed on how they all are different, but yet beautiful. Racer is a little trouble maker, but she is stunning on a table standing like a dream. Jet and Vlad don't like to stand very long, esp. Vlad. Vlad has an amazing gait.

Well here is some more pictures of Vlad. I forgot my camera when i was visiting Dawn and Gary, so no pictures of Racer and Jet.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h6ek3l.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2nu6aab.jpg

·
Registered
761 Posts
Geez!!! 38 pounds?! That's about what Virga weighs and she's a year old! They're going to be good sized hounds! And I have to keep reminding myself that Virga is small for the breed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
He is not half big, just look at that broad chest, but soooo beautiful. I love his super-sad eyes. It has always been a distinguishing feature of him. Is he really fearless like several of his siblings seem to be ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is not half big, just look at that broad chest, but soooo beautiful. I love his super-sad eyes. It has always been a distinguishing feature of him. Is he really fearless like several of his siblings seem to be ?

Yes he still has a lot of growing still to do. I have learned not to be suckered in by those sad eyes to often, he is super smart and likes to play sad or dumb when he is not. He is great in public places, in fact took him to a dr appointment with me the other day, and he laid at my feet and took a nap. He does NOT chew anything in the house, i am thankful.
And yes he does seem very fearless or curious about everything. I have never seen him shy away from anything.

:D

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I can answer that ,Vlad is now 4 and 1/2 months old.He is so handsome,he always had a very" old soul" expression,which I always found fasinating about him. He was the one my youngest daughter(28) fell in love with at two weeks old,when he got up and walked to her.Everytime after that when she came to visit he only needed to hear her voice and his little tail would wag like crazy. Smart ,all the puppies are very intelligent,and think of things we don't think they are capable of grasping.I know Page ,his sister,that I kept,is smart enough to know if I am in the bathroom I can't stop her from getting on the couch and getting whatever she wants off the lamp table,and I have all kinds of things on that table,nail files,pens,tape,tootsie pops,you get the idea. I can't wait to see Vlad at the Specialty in November,Jet and Page will be there too. Will be interesting.

·
Registered
972 Posts
oh bubbad bowser does the same thing. he would know RIGHT when i was away and busy for just the right amount of time...i've got him to stop mostly...but if he finds chapstick i might as well forget it!
And Vlad is really one of the best looking bassets i've seen. good job! or should i say that to his doggy mama and daddy? hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts