Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veterinary Coalition to Target Drop in Client Visits DVM NEWSMAGAZINE October 1, 2010 http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm/Breaking+News/Veterinary-coalition-to-target-drop-in-client-visi/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/688915?contextCategoryId=47831

A couple of quotes from the article: "At presstime, a planning meeting is slated for November to bring leaders in practice and industry together in an attempt to carve out a series of strategies to help reverse a trend of dwindling client visits. "

"Heartworm prevention represents a huge opportunity for practitioners, Payne says, especially if the profession can improve compliance rates and convert pet owners who are not currently giving heartworm preventives to their pets. In fact, he believes a wholesale push could offset losses from flea and tick product revenue for practices. "

·
Registered
878 Posts
Maybe if vets were to charge more realistic prices for treatments (we live in a VERY EXPENSIVE area for vets and dentists) they might have more clients!!!

An example of a huge expense for what looked like a small eye problem (what looked like bloodshot eye my Spaniel - where he charges through hedges and must have poked it with a branch) three visits to my vet, which gave me a small sqeezy bottle of drops and two lots of tiny amounts of eye cream cost me £164 as they just keep charging for "consultations" even though the last two were very short to check up and provide drops as the first cream stuff did nothing to improve!!!

I could probably have bought something in Boots chemist for £3.99 to do the same job!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.