Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking Maggie in today to have her spayed. Will be a long day without her around. Get to pick her up Tues. I am off work this week to be here with her. Will miss my buddy today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

They like the keep pets over night just to make sure they eat and are doing ok. Vet said they will call later today with a report. Sure is odd without her following me around the shop.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would think our Bassets would eat better at home than in an unfamiliar vet's surgery... hope all goes well for Maggie!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have to agree. I know when I don't fell well I want to be home. The good news is the vet called and said all is well. But I still have to wait until 8:30 am. Guess who will be waiting at 8:26 am. or before?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well. You sound like me, getting there as soon as possible to pick up the dog! I think it's probably better that they keep them overnight after a spay but I think many vets don't do that like they used to. I've always had boys and they used to keep them overnight as well but don't now.
I sure miss Yogi whenever he goes in for surgery and I'm there first thing to pick him up.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I hope Maggie has a quick recovery. She looks like she's a sweetheart.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad everything went well- she sure is a beauty! It's rough not having them following your every move. I hate seeing them on the meds, but hope she's back in action in a couple days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts