Basset Hounds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did you read the link I posted? Those people went to the DA filed a civil action against the people that have their dog. Maybe you should think about that if they won't do it willingly? And maybe if you DO file, that will shake them up enough to give her back and you won't actually end up having to go to court over it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No news... The reporter wants to get a interveiw with the shelter before they air it, but they keep canceling. I feel like too much time has past and the family will be more attached at this point. I feel so helpless at this point. The reporter is still confidant that we can get her back but that family has almost had her for 2 weeks. I feel it's too late. I just hope she is atleast happy in her new home and that they are giving her what she needs.

On a different note I've been researching to getting these Texas laws changed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm not surprised that the shelter keeps canceling the interview. They're going to look like the bad guys here, no matter what they say in an interview. I hope the reporter decides to release the story even without the shelter interview. People will know what it means when they hear that the shelter has canceled multiple times.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's only been 2 weeks! I go on a 2 week vacation! You've had the dog for 5 YEARS! Don't give up hope and don't give up fighting! Maybe you can "help" her run away again. You know where she/they live. Keep her hidden for...well it seems like...1/2 a day... and then she'll be state's property again.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I agree - much as this reporter is probably trying to get both sides of the story perhaps to cover his back! He needs to put up or shut up now, imvho. * Time passes and the longer you don't have this resolved, the worse this is going to get - can't YOU get down to this Shelter perhaps with legal back up and get this sorted??? I'd be there with bells on if it was one of mine.

* It can surely be said that the reporter has tried to get the Shelter to comment, so far without success. I think he's just making excuses for some reason....?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I don't think you guys fully understand.. These are the state laws in Texas. I'm at a stopping point because I HAVE tried everything possible or legal for that matter. Yes you guys may say you would do this or that but until you are in my situation you don't know. It is sad that this had to happen and I still am thinking about her constantly but at this point I have to let this take its course and seee what happens.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I am so sorry. However, I would talk, post and tell any body what these laws are and ask them to call the state rep.s or local councilmen (whoever is the right one). Second, tell people why I dont support the spca anymore and I would make sure that they know I am bad mouthing them.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
So sorry it's gone this far without resolution :(

boy you really have tried a lot to get your basset back.

it's so weird to me-- i mean if someone a car that belongs to me, that is my property, wouldn't they have to give it back to me? what about stealing or having another person's possession- isn't that against the law? crazy that wouldn't apply to pets.

we are talking about pets-- dogs and cats, that even under the best and most careful supervision, they are alive and move around and can get out from time to time. i can't imagine there not being a law that returns a pet to it's owner in a reasonable time frame.

well, why don't we start a campaign, here on the Basset Forum, and then on Facebook. There are several Basset Hound pages. And give us the name/number of the shelter and each of us can give us a piece of our mind about what happened.

actually-- people do that all the time for pitbulls around here. when they get in trouble (like they bit someone) and are about to get put down. all these dog people rally together and start FB campaigns. it actually changed the minds of the Animal Control folks and they don't put the dogs down because it would upset too many people.

who needs a reporter? write your own story and paste it all over the internet. all the basset people will be supportive. do you have pictures of your basset hound?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
ah, just write plain and simply and from the heart what happened, along with pictures of your basset or pictures of you and your basset. and ask people to post and share, and maybe even call Animal Control if it upsets them and ask them to do more about this situation than they are currently doing.

Animal Control might feel like they are following the law, but boy it can be annoying to be on the wrong side of public opinion. and time-consuming for them to answer all the calls. at least if they can't do anything about this situation, we should each be calling and urging them to come up with new policy so that this never happens again.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
ImageUploadedByPG Free1369771039.708105.jpg

This is Miley (the one who went missing) snuggling up to her sister kenzie.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1369771145.799812.jpg

This is Miley again, she's the whole reason I even fell in love with Basset hounds

281-999-3191 this is the number of the place that adopted her out.....

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
I know it's against the law, illegal & I'm not advocating this, BUT if it was my dog & knew where it was I'd be in jail (out on bail probably in the UK) now for breaking & entering. They could do what they want with me but not my dog

·
Registered
166 Posts
No matter what it takes

I'm with my fellow poster. I would stop at nothing to get Lollypop back, including (and not limited to) a B&E and grabbing my hound. I'd gladly suffer a rap sheet and a few days in jail to get my hound home where she belongs. Seems a small price to pay to protect my loved one(s).

41 - 60 of 104 Posts