1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to add your own

Here's my number 1.
Given to all basset owner/trainers when the dog goes off sniffing

You gotta be more interesting than the ground/dirt.

nothing like stating the obvious without giving any concrete step on how to do it

Looking to from other with more useless advice.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Number 2. "It's not how you train your dog, it's the quality of the relationship". What does this *mean*, for heaven's sake?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
"Three dog night"

I think that means a night so cold it takes three dogs to warm up the bed.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Actually, Betsy, 'three dog night' is great advice in the winter. Around here, it's been so cold we could have used a whole hunting pack, but the two we have are sure useful. :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

J

·
0 Posts
Not so much advice, more of a quote: "A Basset Hound has skin that looks like it should have more dog in it" :D

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"you must think like a dog"

Hmm consider non of the experts know how or what dogs think it aint' easy or really posiible

·
Registered
813 Posts
"Lying like a dog" (as in, not telling the truth) is one of my husband's favorites. LOL I think he says that because George will insist he's hungry or hasn't been out or has been shamefully neglected ALL DAY to the one of us who just got home, when the one who's BEEN home knows darned well it ain't true. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
You have to stop your dog from barking. But no one tells you how you achieve this miracle grrrrrr... Or even worse they offer ways to stop them, have you tried this? that? and the other. OF COURSE I HAVE!!

Wow didn't know I had so much anger LOL!

Lou

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Barbara, hair of the dog that bit you is a remedy I've used more then I care to admit.

As far as dog day afternoon, when the "dog days" hit look to see where the dog sleeps, that is the coolest place in the house.

Useless advise is hearing, "give the dog a quick leash correction so he feels it." Then in the breath the trainer says, "look at your dogs build, he doesn't feel anything."

J

·
0 Posts
Useless advice: "Don't let your basset on the furniture"

1) NOW they tell me...

2) You try and stop him! :roll:

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Useless advice: \"Don't let your basset on the furniture\"

1) NOW they tell me...

2) You try and stop him!
you do have the option of going the minimalist decorating route an removing all furniture and going with pillows for seating ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts