Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was reading at my desk in the den. Francis was lying on the couch but had been a bit rammy, unable to settle down and relax. Then the darling started in whining and jumping up onto my lap and being, in general, a pill.
I asked, "Wanna go poopies?"
No response, no tail wagging or jumping off to go to the door.
I asked, "Wanna treat?"
Again, no response. He kept whinging and acting anxious and needy and he was starting to drive me bonkers.
Finally I asked, "For God's sakes, Francis, what is it? Do you wanna go night night??"
Yup, tail starts wagging and he starts walking into the bedroom.
I mean, I've had husbands that were less demanding to go to bed.
Minutes later, there we were, cozy and snug. Me under the covers, struggling to stay in bed while reading my book and him on top of the covers spread out crossways with his pointy little head butted right up against my hip.
It's probably a good thing he's blind or he would have asked me to shut off the light.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My Gibbs is also very demanding about going to bed. He likes to go to bed early and will pester us to go with him. If we won't go then he'll huff and go by himself. Gotta love a dog that will tell you what they want. =)

~Heather

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Oh, I so know this one! :lol:

One thing I also get is them lying around looking "fetching" and "come hither," hoping I'll take the hint and go cuddle with them.

We're just pitiful, aren't we? :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
They do have personality.

I have the oposite problem; getting my basset into bed.
He has usually fallen asleep in the living room long before bed time.
Then he is veery reluctant to move.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That's just too funny Beverly Anne! You should write a book about your life with Francis. :rolleyes:

I know my dogs have always stared at me when they really really wanted something. Usually food but for my Toby it was to go for a swim! I wonder if they would have done that if they were blind like Francis?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Weird? Of course not! You are perfectly normal! It's every one else who is weird.

Francis is d*** lucky to have you looking out for him. God bless you both. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's been especially eager to go to bed since I got a new featherbed. The only problem is that it makes the bed higher so he's requiring a little extra help to get up on it. (I think they call what I do "aiding and abetting" the crime.)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
(I think they call what I do "aiding and abetting" the crime.)[/b]
As in "aiding and abetting in the comfort of a hound-dog"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let he who is without this particular sin cast the first stone... anybody? Nobody? I thought not! ;) :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts