·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this from a United Against Puppy Mills bulletin:

"Rep. Art Hershey
3157 Limestone Road
Cochranville, PA 19330

We desperately need volunteers to meet us at the above address tomorrow (Wed.) from noon to 2:00. We are having a peaceful protest in front of Art Hershey's office in Cochranville. Rep. Hershey is fighting our legislation in Harrisburg and tomorrow the Bill will be voted on in the House. He is trying everything he can think of to delay or block it, including adding numerous amendments to weaken the legislation (HB 2525). This legislation will help millions of puppy mill dogs throughout the Commonwealth and Mr. Hershey wants to deny dogs and puppies in commercial breeding facilities access to water 24/7, exercise, solid flooring, larger cages, yearly check-ups by licensed vets, and he wants farmers to continue to be able shoot their dogs when they no longer can breed them (the proposed legislation requires a licensed vet euthanize any unwanted dogs).

THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT. PLEASE COME, AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS.

Terri, Ralph, Maria, I know you'll be there. If you can just stop by for twenty minutes it will help. The press will be there. We want Representative Hershey to know that while he is on the floor stalling the Bill, we'll be in front of his office in Chester County telling his constituents what he is doing.

If you can come PLEASE email Bill Smith at [email protected] or Stevie.

Thank you,

Bill Smith"

·
Registered
939 Posts
heard the bill never got voted on b/4 the summer shut down and will most likely die and not get passed at all. Billy Milko

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heard the bill never got voted on b/4 the summer shut down and will most likely die and not get passed at all. Billy Milko[/b]
As expected.

(Thanks for updating Billy- I've got a wicked case of shingles and have been drugged (thank god for modern medicine) and out of it and not visiting here too often-)

·
Registered
939 Posts
from what i heard a lot of pressure was put on the Reps.by the sporting dogs owners.seems as though they were still going after the hobby breeders instead of just the puppy mills. Billy Milko

1 - 4 of 4 Posts