Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beautiful girl needs a home! Once again, petfinder is breaking my heart. I'll look for a rescue to post her information to as well, but I thought maybe someone out there would be interested. It says "These animals are not held for long periods and can be put to sleep at any time so you must act quickly."
She is located at The Memphis Animal Shelter 3456 Tchulahoma Rd. in Memphis, TN, Phone # 901-362-5310. Normal hours are Tues - Fri 10 to 5 and Mon and Sat 10 to 3. Adoptions till 4:45 and 2:45 respectively. If you are trying to adopt out of state or cannot visit the shelter on the animals due date, please visit raot.org and go here to their homeward bound application http://raot.org/rescue/hbp_new_060504.htm, they may be able to help you.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Omy my goodness - she is beautiful! I hope someone out there can help! Thoughts and prayers to her!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little sick in my stomach about it. In the title it says 12/09 and I'm not sure if this is her adoption out date or what, it isn't clear, but according to the shelters policy, they have ONE DAY to be adopted (after a three day waiting period of being at the shelter) and then they are euthanized no matter what!!!! I think it's a disgusting policy (what if that was your Basset who somehow caught a scent and ran away, what if you were on vacation and someone was caring for her and didn't find the shelter within the first four days??) and I can only hope she will be found and saved! She deserves a CHANCE at least!! Sheesh. :( :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
I sent an email to the adoption coordinator of a Tennessee rescue group. I hope that I wasn't too late.

Mike, Max's daddy

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi Erin, I have a bad habbit of doing the same thing! :D But I did have success a couple of times contacting local rescue groups in a pets behalf. When I see 1 thats going to be put down, I email it that second to a rescue group and usually within hours they are on it. I couldnt open the picture but I hope someone gets there in time, these situations are truly scary, like you said ,what if that was my baby, they dont even give them a chance!We will cross our fingers here!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the petfinder page was taken down, which is why the link is no longer good to her picture. The girl from the rescue that posted the picture of her as a courtesy for the kill-shelter (or rather as a courtesy to the animals IN the kill shelter) said that west tennessee basset rescue would take her, so phew! She said in the three years she has been going into that shelter every single day to take pictures of new animals, that they have not let a single Basset slip through their fingers. So if you (any of you!) or anyone you know are affiliated with them, you deserve a big thank you. And thanks to the others that expressed concern, isn't it just impossible to click the page away and not do something when you feel you could help? Now hopefully she'll find a family! :)

A

·
0 Posts
Not only is Julie in good hands, but they rescued a Basset boy as well. It sure makes my day.

Mike, Max's daddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts