Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D We have a rock! :D
Thank heavens, the rock worked it's way through his system, with no problems. It was a round small rock about 1/2 inch in diameter. We feel like we missed a major bullet on this one. He seems fine now, just called the vet to thank her, and she said our call made her day.
We feel so bad, we had let him out without the muzzle to play with his frisbee which he love's. We think we know where this rock came from, and it's our washed rock patio. It seems the winter's have taken a toll on the surface with the freezing and thawing over the years. We just crawled all over it and found another loose rock. I guess we will now have to do something about the patio.

Thank you everyone for all that drool and kind words during a very scary time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Am I wrong or is Bogie so notorious for rock eating you had him in a muzzle?

Didn't see the other thread. Wow, he's a pisser.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Alright Bogie!

No surgery this time, thank goodness!

How 'bout posting Bogie's " Hockey Goalie" pic again, BubbaLeroy?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hope you take a lesson from this and realize that Bogie must be muzzled every time he goes outside. You can't possibly rid your yard of every rock -- they work their way up through the soil. Not there one day, sitting out in the open the next.

Rock removal surgery is not without its risks. I've known of several dogs who did not make it through the surgery, or made it through and then developed fatal complications.

Much easier/safer for everyone to nip this in the bud. Edith Ann isn't nuts about her muzzle, but she's never without it. I will never take a chance on another rock landing in her gut!!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go corvuss, the "hockey goalie" picture.

Aruuuu: We had Bogie's muzzle off because we had been throwing the frisbee for him which he loves to chase, and then playing tug-a -war with his rope. You can't do that with the muzzle on. We've discovered our washed rock patio which is the original, 32 years old, is starting to pop rocks due to the freezing and thawing of the extreme winters over the years. So we are going to see about pouring a new patio.

Also Bogie has learned that he can get his tongue through the slots in the muzzle on the underside. He lays down and rubs the muzzle on the ground and licks up stuff. I've sewed net like fabric over the whole bottom to stop that. He's quiet the little lovable scamp.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Bogie is definitely creative when it comes to getting rocks!

So glad this one passed wth no problems.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congratulations. Don't you wonder what the attraction is with rocks? That is funny how he found a way around the muzzle. I think the reason they are so creative is that they Re so PERSISTANT! Glad you had a happy ending!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Was away this weekend and missed your first post. Glad to hear that all's well that ends well. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts