Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Olive is a grump. Her ulna is fusing itself back together and she has been groaning away to let us know it's a pain in her arse. She was off pain meds for awhile and was doing fine, but then when the leg started re-fusing, the whining started back up, thus the pain meds did, too. She's having some tummy sensitivity, so she has to eat smaller amounts of food more frequently and she was rejecting her old food, so the Vet gave her some Royal Canin and she loved it. So the brat's on a Royal Canin Sensitive Formula/Eukanuba diet at the moment and she also has tummy sensitivity meds.

She's an expensive Basset.

I currently have her little whiny butt crated.

When we ran into Atlas and his parents at the vet, his mom even said that the last time she saw Olive (right after the surgery & Olive had her cast on), Olive seemed like a happy, energetic puppy, but now she doesn't even seem like the same dog. She's very lethargic in public now. Lethargic is not how I'd normally describe Olive.

We're really hoping she shows signs of improvement soon. A sad Basset makes for sad mommy and daddy. Plus, the faster she heals, the faster we can get her to the dog park on base to make some [much needed] friends!

I know PennyArcade asked this a little while ago, but I don't know if people didn't see it, don't have one or mistook it for one of those spammy ads. Does anyone else have an Instagram account? I do and I'm quite addicted to posting pictures of Olive, as well as following other Basset mommies and daddies. My name on the app is scubashuba if anyone wants to add me! :]

Here are some pics of what's she's been up to lately.

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

In this third one, she had fallen asleep with her leg in her mouth. It was so strange...
IMG_4870.jpg

When I babysat our friends' 2 year old boy. Both were angels!
IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh! The one where Ol is upside down with her head to her right and your pic where you're huggin' your monkey! Your faces do look sooooo similar! She's jealous of your wrinkles though. She's a little on the slim side from being sick so often :[

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
When we ran into Atlas and his parents at the vet, his mom even said that the last time she saw Olive (right after the surgery & Olive had her cast on), Olive seemed like a happy, energetic puppy, but now she doesn't even seem like the same dog. She's very lethargic in public now. Lethargic is not how I'd normally describe Olive.
Oh Olive, mehopes ya feels bettah real soon!! yeah, the lethargic thing happens to me too. i been meaning to ask bout that & will start a thread on it sometime soon.

what great pics! ya likes to be upside down. maybe it's just me, but methinks the 2yo boy wants a Cone of Shame too, like Olive!!
--Worm

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya likes to be upside down. maybe it's just me, but methinks the 2yo boy wants a Cone of Shame too, like Olive!!
--Worm
Oh, Wormy. Olive says thank you for the well-wishes! Yes, she does seem to prefer the view that way :p As for the boy (Jacob), I'm fairly certain they were planning their Great Escape! Unfortunately, they both fell asleep before the plan could be executed! :O

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
She will be up and running you in circles in no time!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hehe, Moses likes to be on his back, too. Goofball. He rolls onto his back and wriggles around like an overturned bug...he loves it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah, the cone of shame, have seen far to much of that lately in our house! Hope Olive is back to her old self soon. she has a beautiful coat even through all her problems!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I don't know whether to be excited or petrified! Can I be both??? lol:wacko:
Um, I wold guess a big of both! You definitely want a healthy happy hound, but on the other hand... a calm hound can be a good (rare) thing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ohh man, this post since 2012, i was like meh, 2012 like 5 years ago, not that much. When i realised it is already 8 years, wel.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts