Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vet called with Spencer's blood test results. She said "they could not be more perfect," and for a dog his age, he was "very healthy." She now seems to think that whatever made his penis red & inflamed was related to his peeing in the house. The peeing in the house has stopped & his drinking is back to normal. She still does not know what caused it, but thinks maybe his penis was burning him & causing the problem. Anyhow, he seems to be back to normal after being on antibiotics & cream, so I am happy. We also found the cause of his weight loss. I switched his food some time ago because they stopped making what I was feeding him. The new stuff is 72 calories per cup less than the old food. I feel really bad about that - I inadvertently had him on a diet! I never imagined there would be such a difference in brands. So, he is getting more food & seems to be happy about that!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Oh, you must be so relieved. When the seniors have a problem it's so scary.........may he continue to do well.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Lady has all kinds of quirky thises and thats, but also has perfect blood test results.

::sigh::

It's always a relief to hear it, but these senior pups! you can't help but worry about them anyway.

I'm glad to hear his results came back clear. :)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Glad to hear Spencer is feeling better and that his labs are normal. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I am very relieved. Every time something comes up, I hold my breath. You're right Biscuit, they always seem to give us something to worry about!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts