Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know so many of you on Cyberhound have been worrying about Rudolph and wishing him well, and I have great news!

A Daily Drooler has offered Rudolph from House of Puddles a permanent foster home and he will be going to his new home tomorrow. He will have a family with 3 kids on a small farm with chickens, goats, and a cow. He will be an only dog and his new mom is busy washing a doggiebed tonight so her kids will have somewhere to sit since she's already said the couch is Rudolph's!

This family had a senior basset wander up in October. They tried unsuccessfully to find her family and got her some much-needed vet care. Heartbreakingly, Butterscotch peacefully fell asleep on Christmas Eve and never woke again. They only had her 2 short months. So we all think that Butterscotch had a paw in sending Rudolph to her family. They really need a basset to love, and Rudolph really needs a home.

They understand that Rudolph has trust issues and other problems and are coming into this with their eyes wide open. Won't you join me in drooling for a happy ending for this sweet boy? I was able to meet them on New Year's Day and I think Rudolph has won the lottery.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for Vision but Vision, I'm sure there's a dog out there who will be perfect for you. Rudolph turned out not to be right for a first-time adopter and I hope and pray that this situation will be perfect for him and for his new family.

I have invited Rudolph's new mom to join Cyberhound to keep us all updated on this sweet boy in his new life.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That is wonderful news for Rudolph! Sounds like he may have found his forever home. I hope his new mommy joins Cyberhound so that we can all see how he is doing in the future. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's great news. I have worried and thought a great deal about this boy. I really hope his mommy joins cyberhound so we can keep up with him.

~Heather

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes!! Rudolph is doing GREAT in his new foster home!!!! I think they may fail Fostering 101!!!!! :lol:

Rudolph has a diary on his Dogster page with lots of updates: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/679441

Also, Rudolph's foster mom saw an ad for a 12 week old basset puppy on her Freecycle board who was about to be sent to the pound so she has *2* bassets now. Rudolph has a baby sister, Penelope!

Rudolph's foster mom is auctioning off a beautiful capelet she made for her basset that just went to the Bridge. Keep an eye on http://www.bassethoundtown.com/blog/ -- it will be listed there.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very good news for Rudolph!

I saw that his new mom posted an update and pictures of him (doing great) in the General Discussion forum.

I'm glad it's going well for them. He's such a cute guy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts