Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he saw the vet today. They managed to get a good x ray this time. His heart and lungs are surrounded by fluid. His lungs have a large amount of fluid in them. He is on Lasix now.

She thinks it is one of two things: either fungus in his lungs, (and he is on treatment for that, as it is treatable), or it is a tumour, just by the way the x ray looks.
So another week of meds, and we are to take him back on Monday.

The only thing about the fungal infection is, she said they get it from sniffing soil. We have no soil in our back yard right now, haven't for months.(snow)

Poor Duke. This is such a bad month, as my dad is still not good, and now Duke. when it rains it poors. We need drool, folks!! :(

Sandy

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I am so sorry :( Sending lots of drool and prayers for Duke, your father, and family-

A

·
0 Posts
Sending drool and hugs your way. I will keep Duke and your family in my prayers. yvonne

·
Registered
17 Posts
The hounds of Hilton are slinging drool x4 for Luke.

A

·
0 Posts
So sorry to hear about poor ole Duke. Please know we will be thinking about you all and sending lots of drool for you all.

A

·
0 Posts
Good Luck with Duke, I hope he gets well soon and of course I hope you Dad is doing well. We will be thinking of you.
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
Blastomycosis--Fungal Disease Common in Outdoor Dogs
" Retrievers, beagles, and other hunting dogs are particularly susceptible to getting blastomycosis because of their outdoor activities."

Blastomycosis In Dogs and Cats
"Blastomyces dermatitidis is a dimorphic soil fungus that is found in the Mississippi, Missouri, and Ohio River valleys, as well as the mid-Atlantic states and the Canadian provinces of Quebec, Manitoba and Ontario.1 Its exact ecologic niche has yet to be characterized, but most agree it requires wet, sandy, acidic soils rich in organic matter and in close proximity to water. At room temperature (25°C), the organism is found in the mycelial (hyphal) form and produces conidia, while at body temperature, the organism usually occurs in the yeast form.1"

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you Mike for the info. After reading that, I am convinced that it's not the fungal infection. which means it's more than likely a tumor.
My son saw the x rays, and said it looked like cotton balls all stretched and strung out in his lungs. My son is just bummed right out about this, and so am I.
I appreciate the drool, never realized how comforting it is, as everyone here understands.
Thanks so much :) , will keep everyone posted.

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Sandy, you, your family, and Duke are in our prayers. Bogie is sending healing drool to Duke, and hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Oliver is drooling for them and you have my prayers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts