Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have left you in the dark--Yesterday (Friday)at 3:00 pm they gave Charlie some food a bland diet canned food. We were able to go for a 15 minute visit at 5:30-5:45. he is very weak and has lost 5 lbs. he only weighs 40 lbs. He did give me kisses and a little love nibble on the chin and then laid his head in my lap for me to love him.
I called the vet this AM and was told that he DID keep the food down yesterday and they are going to give him a little more today. They say he is improving, but he is still on IV, antiobiotic and nausea medicine.
So, continue to send healing drool our way, it seems to be working and thanks to everyone who has written words of encouragment. Carol and Charlie

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm glad he's doing a bit better. I've been thinking of you guys. Take good care- Wendy

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am SO glad he is doing better. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Karen

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So glad to hear that Charlie is improving. Hopefully things will continue to improve, and he will be back home with you soon. We will keep that healing drool coming. Do keep us updated.

Aroooos from Bogie!!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you.

B

·
0 Posts
charlie

:) seems like more improvement. Don't they tear your heart out when they R sick but still try loving on U? Hope more improvement tomorrow again. Tummy's sending drool. :) Bassets 4 me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts