Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the vet yesterday and Bo's lymphnode is much larger. The vet did an aspiration and called with results today. He is sending it out but it is more than likely cancer. Apparently the tumor in his mouth has spread to his lymph node. I am keeping him on antibiotics and am going to have the two teeth that are bothering him removed. The vet says there is no way to predict how long he has that is why I want his teeth out so he can keep on doing what he loves best... eating. In fact Bo gained almost a pound in 2 weeks! I am sad but Bo is having a great time (especially now on canned food!) and I will just make sure he has all the hugs and treats I can manage!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
:( Sorry to hear about Bo. I think for a basset one of the most (if not the most) important thngs is food so glad he's loving that canned food. Amazing how they love that stuff-at least it's not as stinky as cat food. Although Iam Fish and Potato is even worse than cat food.

Thanks for the update and keep us posted.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Franny and I are sending lots of love your way and here's hoping that Bo stays happy and pain-free.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Bogie and I are sending lots of hugs, and healing drool Bo's way. Just love him, spoil him, and enjoy the rest of his days with him. That's what we did with Bubba last year, and they are treasured memories.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for asking. He is doing great. We have 2 more days of antibiotics and then back to the vet to see if it is OK to take those 2 teeth out. The lymph node is obviously larger and I think the one on the other side is now enlarging too. But to look at Bo you would never know. Sleeps in the sun all day with a celing fan on and then eating his breakfast and supper with great zest. He loves cheese for snacks. He is a great old guy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of Bo's cancer. It sounds like he is a very special boy living with a special family.

Our Moose had a cancerous lymth node in his cheek. It suddenly appeared on a Sunday afternoon. Our vet removed the node the next morning and Moose was on chemo for a year. Four weeks ago Moose became a grandfather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts