Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE November 17, 2009

The two noise code violation complaints that were filed against Wendy Willard by the PSPCA and issued by the City of Philadelphia, Department of Health, alleging animal noise and excessive animal sounds, under sections 10-105(4) and 10-403(6) of the Philadelphia Code, respectively, were dismissed at an administrative hearing today. This victory was the first action on the case. These were the original charges that lead to PSPCA to want entry to her property.

We still are unable find out the whereabouts or condition of the hounds that were seized by the PSPCA and probably won't until the hearing on the cruelty charges in January. This is still a complex case and we are spending about $10,000 a month to get this prepared. If any of you know groups that might want to support this other than our current supporters (NAIA, Master's of Foxhounds, Pennsylvania Federation of Dog Clubs, National Beagle Club, National Basset Club, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance), please let us know because we need to keep the
money coming in to take this to a successful conclusion.

A full win on this will overturn the mandatory spay neuter laws for anyone having over 4 dogs in Philadelphia and eliminate the arbitrary limit laws there. This would establish a precedent based on constitutional grounds and will be useful in fighting these laws in jurisdictions across the country.

I will keep you posted as the case progresses.

Permission granted to crosspost.

Julian Prager
NAIA Legislative Coordinator
PFDC Legislative
Chair

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
UPDATE November 17, 2009

This would establish a precedent based on constitutional grounds and will be useful in fighting these laws in jurisdictions across the country.[/b]
An honest post. I've felt from the start that this was more about establishing a precedent to fight various dog laws, than about Wendy Willard.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
An honest post. I've felt from the start that this was more about establishing a precedent to fight various dog laws, than about Wendy Willard.[/b]
Of course that is the reason for so many people stepping in to help in her defense but it speak not wit to why the case occured in the first place. The gross oversteping of legal authority by AC div of PSPCA

The problem is the best interest of the dogs involve is virtually ignore by both sides as the become treated a evidence and not pets.

Michael Tefts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The problem is the best interest of the dogs involve is virtually ignore by both sides as the become treated a evidence and not pets.
Michael Tefts[/b]
I agree with you about that.

If interested, go to the Philly Dawg site: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pets/ and scroll down to the Wed. Nov 25th post- there is a short paragraph at the end of that section about Wendy Willard applying for a Pa. State Kennel License.

Amy Worden, who is a politics and government reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer, has updates about the case on that site every now and then, and will probably write more about it when the case goes to trial Jan. 12th.

Mary Gottfried

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I sincerely hope the dogs invovled are far away from all parties in this case and live a long & happy life outside of the spotlight.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I sincerely hope the dogs invovled are far away from all parties in this case and live a long & happy life outside of the spotlight.[/b]

Better yet, how about they are returned to their rightful owners?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts