Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clifford had a dental today. He had his teeth cleaned, one badly cracked tooth removed and a problem with another tooth corrected - his gum had grown over & around a tooth. The vet said it appeared he had either an infection or injury at some point that was not treated & therefore did not heal right. While under, he also had his ears flushed out & his nails trimmed. He did great, but is still woozy from the anesthetic. Poor guy is acting like he doesn't know where he is. I'm sure after a good night's sleep, he'll be back to his normal self.

Here's his woozy self:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Poor Clifford. You're right about him feeling better after a good night's sleep. I think tummy rubs and treats are in order. He'll feel better faster if he gets those things! ;) He's so cute though! I love his face. Very handsome fella.

·
Registered
437 Posts
awww, Poor Clifford....lots of love and treats for you young man...feel better fast. He is such a cutie...what a face.

Kristi and Woody Hayes:D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Maybe it's the beer goggles, but he looks reeeeeeal good!

Ever since Lightning had a tooth removed he's been a slobber-machine. I hope Clifford is able to control himself a little better.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
He looks all like: "Duuuuuuuude!"

Handsome fellow, by the way.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As expected, Clifford is back to his normal self today. :)
Lightning & Stomps - I was actually hoping the dental work would reduce Clifford's drooling, but no such luck. He is a real drool machine.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think some basset owner should devise a way to make partial plates for basset hounds who have to have teeth taken out. Either that or some kind of absorbent hammock under their mouth to catch the drool.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad you are feeling better Clifford, you have such a sweet face :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Poor Clifford, I bet he feels much better now. Here are some pictures of Tiggy and Snoopy when they had to ride in the car from Ohio to Georgia. The vet gave them doggie tranquilizers for the trip. They acted like they were drunk, and looked like it too! They are happy here, and they don't miss the snow at all!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look so funny when they are drugged, but then again, I guess we all do.:p snoopsmom, I'd be happy moving south to get away from snow too! Since this coming winter will be Clifford's first winter with me, I'm anxious to see how he reacts to it. Spencer loved it so much, but Sadie, not so much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts