Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this photo from my office not two minutes ago. Opus is almost 15, totally blind, pretty deaf and not exactly starving as you can see from his jelly belly. Yet here he is, searching the flower beds outside my office for some of the bread dropped by the gulls my husband feeds! Unbelievable!

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know! He's already cleared the lawn of any available crumbs, I just can't believe he's still able to do this at his age, or would even want to. Silly me, I should know better that when it comes to food, age, vision nor anthing else is going to stand in the way of noms.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's an awesome dog. He's traveled all over Europe with me, lived in apartments, by the beach, up the hills, in the city centre of Barcelona and now resides in leafy/grassy splendour in Dublin where he can enjoy the remainder of his natural life with us and his cat and his unhealthy addiction to canned cheese. Bassets totally rock.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Two bassets ago, when he was about that age, and sleeping most of the time, he was afraid of getting left when we went to little league games, so he started sleeping on my youngest's bat bag. That couldn't have been comfortable, but he knew he would get fed at the ball park. When he was around, the concession stand workers seemed to drop a lot of hot dogs.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I love seeing old hounds! It kind of makes me look forward to my two's twilight years. Not that the puppy years aren't great!

·
Registered
437 Posts
That is one of cutest pictures...looks like it should be on a card......and the cat doesn't even pay him any attention.....

Glad to see that Opus still has lots of spunk...and I agree, Bassets are the greatest. Woody is my first one and I am totally hooked.:D

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I didn't even notice the cat in the corner until someone mentioned it! Maybe the cat is thinking: "Quit taking his picture all the time, and pay attention to ME."

·
Registered
973 Posts
I didn't even notice the cat in the corner until someone mentioned it! Maybe the cat is thinking: "Quit taking his picture all the time, and pay attention to ME."
Reminded me of the internet meme pictures like on the "This is photobomb" website...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heh, Diva ( the cat) is 20, and is sitting there with her usual mild bemusement when it comes to Opus. They're pretty much inseperable. In winter she uses him as her electricbassetchargedblanket, in summer as her stolling about the garden lets go lie in the sunshine companion.
All the cats use Opus to nefarious ends: This is Bill, last winter doing his 'you there, basset, get her to open this door immedately, do that scratching thing you do, I say, you there! Gosh I wish I had opposable thumbs.'

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts