Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I et a lot of dry dog food. a lot a lot. my person says she was bad mommy because she left me with new bag of dog food in back of car. she was sure i couldn't get it because of heavy plastic bag. boy was she wrong!

I et more than 1/5 of the 5lb bag. in fact, we wayed it and it said i et 1.2 lbs of dry dog food... yummy it was so good! and then i drank one bowl of water to wash it down. but now i feel ugh. my tummy has bellyech. en my tummy is twice as big as usual. vet's office says i'm ok for now. i have been lying on my side and back all nite. hope i can still go on excursion tomorrow.

I am writing to my basset pals, don't do what i did. it dun't feel good. and now i keep ringing the bell again and again to potty and driving my people mad.
--Worm

·
Registered
972 Posts
Bowser says "Ders an art to it..furst make shur you can blame your sistah. Den you eat an eat an eat..den eat more slowly. My belly gets soooo big when i twick mama into me gettin in da fud bin! Awso, don't dwink too much watah. I want to, but mama hewps me stop myself, den i'm not too having a sore belly. But yeah, i pooo and poo and poop and pooo! And den pee! and den poo. for days : ) Enjoy cuz i'ts hawd to twick da mama sometimes into getting mowah fud!"

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hahaha...Mikey has it right I'm almost positive!

Future reference for Wormie's parents: Annie and I think you need to wrap the Worm's food in Kevlar!

P.S. we also hope this doesn't keep you from your weekend adventures!

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
it also goes to show how much an amatuer and puppy wworm still is. anyone of Mine would have eaten the entire 5lb back bleched once and you never been the wiser except they liook like a python tht just ate a pot belly pig.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I remember what the breeder told me when I picked up my first basset puppy. She said they would literally eat until their stomachs exploded if you let them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Molly's a light eater and was never one to gorge herself. But Winston...one day he ate his food AND Molly's larger serving (Molly wasn't interested) and he had the roundest belly I ever saw! He hasn't done it since, thankfully.

I could always leave the dog food bag on the floor in the kitchen...until Winston. He'd tackle it like a linebacker and try to get into it. It's since been moved, as I fear he'll return to his old, over-eating ways.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
don't lie if given I chance you would do it all over again
uh oh! i got found out. well yes, i had to write that because my person looks at what i post. but yeah, i feels a lots bettah now. and looooove dry dog food! yum yum. anyone know where can i find another 5 lb bag??? oh and Boomer, we have a hatchback and no separate trunk because the back is down (VW buggie), but my person says next year when we get new car, it will definitely have to have a trunk in it so i can't get into things... (poo! sounds like the end of fun to me). bowsah! you are my buddy, thanks for all da tips.

ok, one downside is that i didn't get dinner that nite or b-fast the next morning. that was a bummer. and i wasn't allowed to drink tho i was so, so thirsty! i even licked my chops at the toilet and wanted to drink from it. but my person said "no!" then i looked longingly at the bathtub where i take my baths. and thought about jumping in. but my person said "no!"

tho i felt bad all night and hardly slept, i got to go on excursion. i was feeling better then. it was beautiful day here on Saturday. i met more bassets than i had ever met (except when i was baby)... and got to run all over the beach w/basset buddies. BEST OF ALL (listen up Boomer and Woody-- i'll need ya here next time), i met 2 young lady bassets, Lulu and Daisy and ran and ran with them. :wub: hmmm.... i have been tired and sleeping for the past day and a half ever since.

if anyone come visit here with basset (in SF), be sure to check out this place! it is beautiful on a good day and such a fun place for dogs...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ohhhh, I wanna go and meet the purty California ladies! My momma said she went to California 3 years ago to visit a friend, and she loved the beach. I think she said she went to Lagoona Beach, although I don't know why she would go to a beach with goons on it. It sounds pretty scary to me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
When we first got Virga I went a little crazy and mixed in half a can of wet food in with her dry food and added more dry food. Virga was 8 weeks when we got her and her poor little tummy was so fat! She was fine of course. And I've been doing better about not feeding her too much. But her tummy was so fat and perfectly round!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Awww, poor Annie. I had worms, too, but I had some yucky medicine and pooped them out. Now I know why momma kept looking at my poops.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I remember talking about getting a Basset on my Pit Bull forums and people started telling me my new name would be Food Slave. I thought they were joking...

His first morning here as an 8 week old pup Owen scarfed down his food and then proceeded to kick the two older dogs out of their bowls to eat their breakfast,too. He is now fed in his crate,lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts