Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been snowing all week, and the all time record was beaten on Monday. It's never been measured so much snow here ever before. Emma and Doris are walking in paths, with snow up to 7 feet over them.
And now it's bitterly cold... :(

Well, when a lady has to go - she just has to go outside, even though it's a lot of snow and very cold:

Doing the business as fast as possible:

Come on, up the stairs again, right - left, right - left....:

Where is that slow servant, can't he understand we want to get in?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Those are the snowfalls we used to get here, when I was young. (looooong time ago)
It's really beautiful, but after awhile, enough is enough.
Hope you have an early spring, so you can enjoy your walks in the woods again... :)

Sandy

ps: and give those girls some hot chocolate for goodness sake!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Wow!! Poor little ladies :) I love the drifts and while I wouldn't mind a little snow this year... that's a bit much! Stay warm -

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd love to experience that kind of snow just once in my lifetime. It is so pretty!

A

·
0 Posts
WOW! I guess the picture U posted the other day was from last summer (green grass ones)? :)

A

·
0 Posts
Ha! Ha! I remember having to help dig those poop paths for Ruby when we lived in MA.

Yesterday it rained here and Ruby was acting scared of that wet stuff from the sky. She must have forgotten how it was in FL....rain all the time.

M

·
0 Posts
Wow!! I can't imagine being in all that snow! Being in Florida for the past several years has spoiled me. I say this as I just came in from sitting on the chaise lounge chair looking up at the palm trees in my shorts and tank shirt! Gosh, I even needed sunscreen!!! Hope things thaw out soon!

A

·
0 Posts
Oh those poopie paths! I will be delighted when I never have to dig one (or two or three) of them again! I graduate in May then I'll stay in Boston 1 or 2 at the most to get experience in a teaching hospital then Franny and I are bailing out. It hasn't been above freezing here all week and the wind is howling. Those pictures are gorgeous, Steinar, but all too familiar!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
NOT envying you! ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll show these to my 13 year old Maggie; born in GA, raised in FL and moved to NC when about 3 years old...does NOT like the rare snows ("What IS this stuff???") so I'll show her that yes dear, things could be much worse! Must admit it's pretty, but I'm sure it gets old after a while...Makes you appreciate spring!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Steinar - I know from whence you came....when we lived in Alaska (Bethel), we routinely had 20' to 30' snowdrifts in our yard. Since we had delivered water and sewer pumped out by truck, we had to get a front-end loader to come in and clear the driveway so the trucks could come in. Somewhere I have several pics of these drifts and doghouses tucked snugly into them. We used to have a Lab who loved to dig in the drift whenever we went out to shovel. For every shovel full, he'd dig a couple! Too funny....but I have to say I don't really miss it much!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I love the pic of Emma & Doris walking up the steps! Of course, all the pics are great!

We used to get snow like that when I was a kid back in CT - I don't want to shovel it, but I wouldn't mind having a big storm here! But, not really frigid temperatures.

I can only imagine how much they'll enjoy spring when it arrives.

·
Registered
813 Posts
When I saw the subject line, my first thought was "LITTLE???" LOL But then when I saw the photos I understood. Poor girls. How utterly inconvenient for them. We've had an unimaginably warm and mild winter -- thank heaven -- and I don't know if we EVER had that much snow if you added two or three winters together. I'll bet you're all heartily tired of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ouch, my back hurts just looking at that much snow.
7 Feet! Even seeing the pictures, my tiny brain cannot comprehend what that much snow would be like in one week. About a month ago we had around 18 inches here, and I thought that was too much.
Stay warm and safe, Steinar & the girls!

·
Registered
335 Posts
They do look tiny in all that snow...send some snow here, Steinar, we could sure use it, it's very dry here. And Daisy hasn't had ample opportunity to waddle around in the snow. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts