Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that we do not have a rescue in east Tennessee. I have placed several(well, actually more than several) bassets over the last few years - some rescues and others by my-self.

This evening we were driving to dinner and saw a lady walking a basset. We stopped and talked to her. She needs to re-home her bassets. She is a single mom of three and is having to sell her large home and move to a smaller place. I told her that I would post on the different web sites for her. She has:

3 year old male, Freeway, who is neutered, orange and white, up to date on shots and HW preventative. He has been to obiedence school.

2 year old female, Daisy, who is spayed, tri-color, up to date on shots and HW preventative. She is AKC registered.

She would like to place them together but I told her that would be hard to do.

She is upset about having to do this and kept saying she would not just place an ad in the paper or stick up a sign at Wal-mart. "They have to go to good homes."

If anyone can help, please email/IM/call me (865-966-8910).

[ May 25, 2005, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: momlady ]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tess and Hugh's Mom, thanks for your input.

My dealings with TCGC has been that they are an all breed rescue. We have plenty of those in Knoxville that I could use but I pretty much stick to Basset Rescue. TCGC is also about a 3 hour drive for me so if I used an all breed rescue I would use of one of the local ones.

I have actually pulled bassets from all breeds here and placed them in basset rescue or found them a home myself.

The good news is that Daisy and Freeway found a home almost immediately. The exchange took place on Memorial Day. A lady from east TN that had contacted GBHR about a basset was referred to me by a GBHR person. She and her son adopted Daisy and Freeway. It seems like a match made in heaven.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts