Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When our 15 yr old died 4 yrs ago our Bassett Sadie started little by little getting bad. She's attacked our ferret that was on the coffee table nowhere near her or her treat. She's pooping now in the house and still peeing even after being put out. There's nothing physically wrong with her. Is this a Bassett thing?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder that my girl is 12 and off to vet tomorrow for scan and x ray as repeated uti for 13 months perfect in herself but massive wees most days in house even when she is free from uti I am very concerned it's her kidneys

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if the dog is acting out because she misses having her companion with her and doesn't know what to do without the other dog. Maybe think about getting another dog??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if the dog is acting out because she misses having her companion with her and doesn't know what to do without the other dog. Maybe think about getting another dog??
We tried that and she picks fights with them.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
When our 15 yr old died 4 yrs ago our Bassett Sadie started little by little getting bad. She's attacked our ferret that was on the coffee table nowhere near her or her treat. She's pooping now in the house and still peeing even after being put out. There's nothing physically wrong with her. Is this a Bassett thing?
i'm very sorry for your loss.
it is good to hear there is nothing physically wrong with her.
I've owned a couple dogs and this is most likely not a Bassett only thing, it sounds like she really does miss the other animal a lot. i would personally try my best to shower her with affection, and attention. try changing up your routine and take her out more or socialize with other animals. lots of treats!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/canine-corner/201611/do-dogs-grieve-over-the-loss-animal-companion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts