Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several vet visits for shivering. (meds given) Took him to vet yesterday and he is still shivering and has begun wetting in the house. He also is overweight and been on a diet for 6 months. She took Blood. Said Thyroid came back negative. She said one test showed low glucose. Said symtoms may all be connected. She says he most likely has a tumor on or in pancreas. I said U mean cancer? She said yes. Told me to bring him for a 5 min. test to see if other test was false positive. I am crying and cracking up. Any advice orsend drool. He is 4 yr..Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy :( .

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I am so sorry. :(

I have no advice, other than I would definitely have the second test to make sure it isn't a false positive.

I'm a hypoglycemic with diabetic family members, so I know a little about low blood glucose. In humans, I know a lot of things can cause low blood sugar.

But dogs might be different.

Please keep us posted. :(

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Oh! I'm so sorry to see this post!I have always had a special fondness for Tummy Boy because his name makes me smile every time I read it. Please keep us posted. You and Tummy Boy are in my prayers tonight.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this news. Like murraysmom I am very fond of Tummy Boy because he has such a cute name. Copper, Dolly, and Patty send loads of healing drool for Tummy boy and I send love and prayers for you both.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am so sorry. I would redo lab work and also get 2nd opinion. All our love and prayers to you and your family. yvonne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yes, get a second opinion. Let us know how he is doing, please.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Poor Tummy boy & you! We're sending lots of drool and saying prayers that everything works out ok.

I agree with redoing the labwork and 2nd opinion. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Daisy & Sally send drool for Tummy. Please keep us posted.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all of U for advice, drool, and prayers. Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts