Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. It took awhile to get ALL results back. Went to university. Left Tummy for about 4 1/2 hrs. When we returned, Dr. said (they shaved him) he looks like a 1/2 shaved sheep. They did bloodwork,ultra sounds, xrays and tests. She said two tests were sent out and wouldn't know results for a day or two. Well, she said she is 99% sure Tummy has no tumor in pancreas. The fasting glucose or insulin #'s were fine (whatever that means). He doesn't have thyroid problems. no epilepsy. They did a complete exams. The other test results came yesterday. Addisens- negative. liver- negative. Thank God. She said if he continues to shiver in the future might want to take him to a neurologist. (for when he jumped off bed and head slammed into wall). didn't want to use ramp that day. I feel like a truck has run over me and Tummy probably does too. So, now have to make appointment w/regular vet to have anal glands expressed and nails cut. I guess we will get to go to MBR. in May. yeah !!. Thanks for all the prayers,thoughts,and drool it worked. bassets4me. Thank U all. :) :D .

·
Registered
775 Posts
Great news! Have been thinking about both of you and I am very happy for you both :p Give tummy boy an extra belly rub from me.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
YAAAAY!!!!! So happy for you and Tummy Boy( :) ) ! It's a shame that you had to go through all that worry, but thank goodness he's OK!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
What wonderful news! I think a trip to the park and a Frosty Paw is in order :)

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
A million smiles for you and Tummy from here! :D :D :D

That's wonderful news.

And a hundred lashes with uncooked wheat noodles for the vet who told you he had tumors on his pancreas. :twisted: I understand preparing people for the worst --- but that was over the top, IMO.

You might investigate behavioral reasons for the shivering. Sometimes dogs will figure out they get lots of extra hugs and kisses when they shiver --- so they shiver for attention. There's some old posts about it, but you might want to post a query about it on the general board and see what turns up. Doesn't mean there isn't an underlying physical reason for the shivering, but it now looks kind of possible he's learned it will get him some big hugs and kisses.

And once again, :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
:) What very good news! Thanks for letting us know.
Sharon Hall

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too have been thinking about you and awaiting an update. The news sounds good. I am glad everything checks out ok and now you can relax!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D Thank U so much for all the drool, thoughts, and prayers for Tummyboy. :D . Thank God this is over.Bassets 4 me

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So glad Tummyboy's test came back with good news. Hopefully all his problems are behind you now, and he'll be his bouncing self soon.

Aroooo's from Bogie!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good to hear the great news. Tell him he doesn't have to work so hard to get extra love and attention :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts