Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
What great pictures. I'm just jealous you got snow. We didn't get any this year. My dogs love to play in the snow too. It is so much fun seeing them have fun running around in it. They look just like kids.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sadie & Spencer like the snow also. We only had snow once this winter - in December. BUT, they are predicting 3-6" tomorrow night. Go figure - the first day of spring!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm jealous of that fence you have! Mine is so high off the ground Lea has no trouble sneaking under it and off she goes!!

Lou

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just heard the dogs barking out back. I closed the backdoor 30 minutes ago, because I thought they were sleeping. I let them in, and they are soaking wet.

Local news expecting about a foot by morning, so I should have some good pictures and maybe a video tomorrow.

A

·
0 Posts
Tummy likes to stay out and play in snow too!!! He also is hard to get him back in when it rains and thunders. (go figure) i've heard a lot of bassets won't go out when it rains. :confused: Happy to be a slave for tummy Boy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My guys are reluctant to come in too when it's snowing. And the cold doesn't bother them one bit either. In fact the colder it is the longer they want to stay out. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those sneaky devils. I know why the keep running outside, it's because they get dried off with a towel when the come back in.
They run right to me wanting the rub down. Once they are dry, they run back out to get wet again.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think they like a nice rub down, too, esp. our sheltie, I think he goes and rolls around in the snow so we will take a big towel and dry him, he stretches and rolls his eyes and grunts, it's pretty funny. Daisy isn't as demonstrative, Ithink she just likes to play in the snow. :D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, it's been raining like crazy in California, thunder, hails, down pour....yikes!

I think Spring has been cancelled this year. :roll:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Amen, Lina! It's been so nasty - but Sebi has decided to adopt to the wet here in the Bay Area, and has become very fond of puddle jumping. Literally - he will leap around from puddle to puddle. As for the rub down factor, I think he's graduated to the "warm bath" factor, becuase he is a mud magnet. Followed by the "sleeping it off next to the fire" factor.

Spring, please come - my hands are perpetually pruned from this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts