Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, things here are "starting" to get back to normal after Tropical Storm Ernesto blew through our area last Friday. Elmer & Button were reduced to only electricity provided by generator from Friday until Tuesday evening. Elmer was very cross to have missed "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday night, as the cable was also out. Right now, they are both seated in the kitchen window watching as the tree company removes two large trees, one fallen, the other not. They have been very interested in what the men are doing and Elmer felt obliged to bark his approval, since one of the trees was one that I regularly backed into when leaving the driveway. Of course, we have to have our carpets cleaned as well, due to the fact that neither one of the Himselves would venture out into the storm when it was so convenient to relieve oneself in the sunroom! I hope that we don't have any more of those this year!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry to hear Ernesto caused such a fuss for you. I live in south Georgia and my son lives in Orlando so we kept a close eye on Ernesto too. At least your pups are getting some entertainment from the whole mess.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
Elmer was very cross to have missed "Desperate Housewives" on Sunday night, as the cable was also out.
[/b]

That would not have happen if you had satilite TV to go with the back up generator, If only for the hounds :p

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, Elmer had me call about satellite;however, due to our location on a creek with many tall trees surrounding the house, the only place to put it would be on the dock :blink: Which would be a huge eyesore for our neighbors and probably not even allowed by our County ordinances. So . . . . we have purchased the entire 2nd season on DVD. I told Elmer that he would have to run on a belt to provide electricity in case the genset gave up. :lol:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ernesto had lost much power by the time it got to my area (about 100 miles). But it rained buckets! My home weather station registered a little under 8 inches of rain. The dogs did NOT want to go out, but if I go out, then they will :rolleyes: . So I had to put on all my rain gear several times for potty trips, but that beat cleaning the carpet!
With each of these storms I worry about the 80 ft. oak tree that's 40 feet from the house! If it comes down in a storm, it all depends on which direction it would fall. I'm obviously glad it's still standing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts