Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We tried another walk today. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: It was a little warm, so we only went for a short walk today.
It went Ok, but I had to put Dudley on a second leash after a while. If Dudley wouldn't keep up, Dozer would just drag him (and Digger). It worked great if they all three headed the same direction, but if they turned towards me or went side to side, I couldn't keep Dozer from dragging Dudley. :eek:
If anyone has a flat Basset problem, Dozer will make him move. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you look at Dozer's muscle tone on his front leg & shoulder, you can see why he's my puller. ;)
Dozer, Dudley, Digger.

But with Digger's larger rear end on the left, you would think he was my puller. :lol:
Digger, Dozer, Dudley.

Pictured below is the triple leash I made. I used choke chains on a 3" ring for leads, and had to use two leashes, because they have a combined weight of 143 pounds. It also made it easier to hold them back when the neighbor's cat ran by.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I walk three together every day :rolleyes:
Rupert is the strongest one so he is in one hand whilst in the other hand I have Griff and Precious.
Griff is a Beagle but still has pulling power,even at 12 years old.
Precious is the smallest but she manages to keep up with the boys. :p

They are all on seperate leads but I do not find it a major problem.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mine are getting used to walking on the same leash. It's so much easier for me, and Gibbs doesn't seem to mind being bossed around by Lily...he's pretty used to it. :p

~Heather

1 - 3 of 3 Posts