Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the weather holds out tomorrow my son Travis will be going on his first rabbit hunt.His 2 Grandfathers will be tagging along,one of his buddies and his Father,My Uncle and myself.There should also be in attendance 3-4 Basset Hounds including Pinehawk's Little Ike ( this will be Ike's first rabbit hunt also ) and 2-3 beagles.we are hoping to have a Safe fun time with our family and friends and see some good dog work,hell we might even shoot something to eat also!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
How'd it go? Did Little Ike enjoy his first hunt and was he well behaved?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL so far everyone that i spoke to had a blast!!!! before the rains got real heavy we had to stop."Duke" my son's and mine's beagle.my Uncle's beagle "Tom" and my Basset "Ike"Ran a rabbit around the Famous South Jersey Cedar Spounges,for about 2 hours and 15 minutes and no one could get a shot,the dogs did what they were bred to do but the hunters could not harvest...oh well!! and Ike was doing well until we moved and he started to run some DEER all by himself and the 2 beaglse said i do not want any of that.so Ike will have to be taken to electric collar school this saturday when we will continue the hunt.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Sounds like you all had a good day- it poured here yesterday so I wondered wondered if you went. Murray doesn't mind the rain and snow when we're out on the gamelands but I do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts