Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today started off quietly enough. Neither of us had to work, so we decided to go into town. At some point our travels took us to the RV lot. We got home at 8:00 with a new 30 ft trailer. It's real nice and roomy. There's more than enough room for the slaves and their hounds. It's so big my husband said we could probably fit five dogs in there! :blink: We don't get to go away too often, but when we do we always have to find someone to take care of the boys. It's going to be so nice to load them up with us and take off whenever we see fit. I'm taking more time off starting the middle of next week until the end of the month. Our first trip will be to the Russian River where the fishing is good and the wildlife is abundant. I'm going to try to get pictures of the boys inside it tomorrow. It should be interesting! :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
That's so great ! You'll all have so much fun! I have not camped all summer, no fishing either. I miss it,and envy you right now. We just take a pop-up, or a tent. Happy always has a good time, so your dogs should enjoy it.
Joan

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You'll love camping with the boys, and they will love it even more. Bubba was our camping buddy, loved all the new sights and smells, and Bogie Carter is following in his late uncle's footsteps. He loves hiking the trails and just people watching at the campground.
A couple of hints: Be sure to have copies of their shot records and any health records, if they have special, needs with you; short and long tie out lines they cannot chew through, some campgrounds have different restrictions on length allowed on leashes or tie outs; lots of doggie poop bags for clean up; pictures of your boys, in case they should ever get lost, plus ID tags or collars with your cell phone number if that's what you use when traveling and camping; favorite food, toys, blankets, dishes, etc. so they will feel at home; and a camera to take lots of pictures to share with the forum.
Have fun on your new adventure in life with the boys.

·
Registered
196 Posts
WHOOPS! Ignore! Wrong thread!

We've only heard Hub howl, once or twice, while he was sleeping. It was a crack up!

As much as we would love to hear him while he's awake, we also don't want to be sorry about what we wish for.

Ohdee has never howled, either. But, oh boy, can she bark up a storm!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, we got the Noonie and Buddy inside a few nights ago. Noonie had problems getting up the steps and poor Buddy was scared. Once inside though they both made themselves at home. And they did not want to leave their bed when it was time to go back in the house. All in all, I'd say they approve.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Looks beautiful! Some basset folks with motorhomes use ramps to help the dogs in and out. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts