Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for ideas of toys and games to buy or make for my 8 month old boy. Love to hear some tried and true suggestions!

I just recently bought a big red egg shaped hard plastic toy and Monty loves to chase it around the backyard. He tries to bite it and it shoots away from him and wobbles all around.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I just recently bought a big red egg shaped hard plastic toy and Monty loves to chase it around the backyard. He tries to bite it and it shoots away from him and wobbles all around.

Sounds good but in all honesty, from experience, once out of baby puppyhood when things like a handcream bottle, lid off, old socks with a knot tied in them etc.etc. , kept them amused, my Bassets weren't that into toys. Yes they enjoyed stropping on something hard like Nylabone, or even butchers' bones if they could take them outside, but unlike my Whippet who plays with her Kong Wubba a lot, when she can persuade me to throw it for her, (but even that at 10 now has lost much of it's appeal) not much in the way of toys has interested any of my Bassets over the years. They were more into exercise and scents!!

Sadly I can't recommend anything, sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Bassett is three years old and adores all his toys. He has soft teddy bears, Nylabones, tug of war toys and some that he?re-labelled as toys(shoe and hard plastic household items)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Columbo loves toys! We’ve had good luck finding things at Home Goods. He likes the plush ones where there is a banana with little squeaky monkey figures in it, or an igloo with little squeaky polar bears in it. It was fun for him to dig out the figures and bring me each one to get accolades for figuring it out 🙂

·
Registered
3 Posts
interactive toys ie: puzzles - check chewy, amazon, etc. You put treat or kibble in and slide cover over it. cover has hole so dog smells contents and has to figure out how to open. Right up a nosey basset's alley! Most are rated by difficulty Levels 1 to 3.

·
Registered
32 Posts
interactive toys ie: puzzles - check chewy, amazon, etc. You put treat or kibble in and slide cover over it. cover has hole so dog smells contents and has to figure out how to open. Right up a nosey basset's alley! Most are rated by difficulty Levels 1 to 3.
Our hounds don't need any encouragement to figure out how to get into things. They know how to open boxes and coolers and just about anything else they want to get into. We had one hound (Long John) that knew how to open the refrigerator and would help himself to whatever he had a taste for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many toys are available which you can buy for your boy. Here is a list to check

Nylabone flavor frenzy dura chew toy

Zippypaws skinny peltz plush toy

Kong classic rubber toy

Pet zone iq treat ball

The frostbite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts