Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got his CD on Tuesday and made Mike proud.
pat :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
More clapping! So now does Toughy sign his name with a bunch of titles after it, like a DR. does?
Joan

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
"Open should be a breeze for Toughy."

For a dog that does not breath through the nose, holding the dumbbell and walking is extremely difficult.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Open should be a breeze for Toughy". Molly earned her CD in 4 trials (as did Toughy I believe?). We are now zero for 21 in Open. There are so many more variables in Open and I won't even go near those in (f)utility. But it's fun! Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Toughy,first of all congrats!!!!! Belinda,maybe toughy has not been exposed to the joy of running rabbits yet???

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep saying it: once you experience the thrill of your Basset running rabbits, you will never consider ANY other "performance" venue worthy of their attention. Been there, done it all. "Nof said". Although we still do it all, I couldn't care less about the rest. And, most important, neither could she. Give your Basset the gift of it's life and let it chase bunnies!! Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
" maybe toughy has not been exposed to the joy of running rabbits yet???"

after the first day of an agility trial in NY Toughy off lead and Fischer on lead and I were walking the horse trails in the county park the trial was held. Toughy usually lags some hundred yard or so behind, but today he decided to forge ahead. Just about when I felt it necessary to call Him back a rabit comes running across on one of the cross trails. Toughy in hot pursuit a few seconds behind quite as a lamb. The rabbit turns off the trail into a light bramble. Toughy in hot prusuit until he reachs the bramble at which time he comes to an abrupt halt and bays at the rabbit for not playing fair. Cuz every one knows Toughy is not ever going into a bramble because he might get thorned. He might have some of the instincts but is way to protective of his body to ever be a huntin' dawg.

·
Registered
939 Posts
well he will breeze through thru the open than because Molly likes to get muddy,swim in water filled ditches and get BLOODY!!!!!!!! if they don't have blood on them after their done with their run i don't want to own'em!!!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts