Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
oh my goodness, I went hysterical seeing these pictures. They are awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
She looks very pleased with her situation! :)

M

·
0 Posts
She is precious!! That is wonderful she is so relaxed. Poor Rusty is not liking out swimming lessons. He is as stiff as a board! Great pictures!

J

·
0 Posts
We have a similar raft in our pool. I think Molly would have a heart attack if I tried to put her on it. She is so afraid of the pool!
I love the pictures!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Great pictures, and she looks like she is loving every minute of it.

Aroooos from Bogie Carter!!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Yikes!:shock: Is she a good swimmer?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! :D Thanks for all the replies!

Betsy, don't worry. She does a good doggy paddle, but I stay right beside her the whole time in case she falls off the raft. I would never leave her unattended even for a second.

Yes, I have seen all the posts about Rusty learning to swim, they are great! I wondered if he was enjoying it or not. Hopefully he will learn to love it like Tootie does!

She is such a silly goose. As soon as she saw I was going out to the pool she started barking and jumping like mad....as if I had said the 4-letter word "WALK". She ran right to the corner of the pool and waited for me to let her in.

We just put the raft right up to the edge of the pool, and she jumps right on! Thankfully, she has no interest in the pool unless we are in it, so she just ignores it when we're not out there. :p

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I do worry, though. If she panicked, I can't imagine she could be easily handled. And if she managed to make it to the side of the pool, where would she go? I assume it would be--what--a 4 ft free fall to the ground, if she were hauled out? :?

M

·
0 Posts
It is very scary to have the combination of dogs and pools. We are still hoping with Rusty wearing his life jacket he will learn to swim to the steps. He was sinking without it so we thought that would help him learn what direction to swim to. Somedays he swims right to the "target" and gets his reward other days he has no clue. Until we are %100 sure BOTH dogs know how to get to the steps to get out, the safety fence (child fence) stays put! You can never be too careful!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Betsy Iole
I do worry, though. If she panicked, I can't imagine she could be easily handled. And if she managed to make it to the side of the pool, where would she go? I assume it would be--what--a 4 ft free fall to the ground, if she were hauled out?  :?
Oh no, there's not a 4 foot drop on 1 side of the pool. We have a flower box built up there, so it's only a short distance. Also, we've been working with Tootie both this year and last summer on her swimming. We have her swim back and forth between Brian and I, so she's used to being in the water.

She does fall off the raft now and then, and she just swims right to us. However, since seeing the cool doggie life vest that Rusty has, I'm planning to get her one very soon anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just love the pictures of these darling Bassets in the swimming pools!

We can't wait for Annie to get her vest to put her in our neighbor's pool.

Thanks so much for sharing the great pictures of Tootie...she is a real cutie and a sweetheart!

Kathy

·
Registered
535 Posts
We've had Sadie on a raft in our pool and as soon as she gets herself off the raft she makes a bee line for the steps and climbs out of the pool on her own. We never had to show her or teach her to do that she just instinctively headed for the steps. I didn't think she would get in on her own because we have had to coax her in when we have been in the pool. Then just today my daughter and her friends finished swimming and didn't put the baby gate across the steps that go to the pool deck, the raft was floating near the pool steps and she climb on it. Once on the raft she just sat there for a few minutes then jumped off and swam to the steps and climbed out. Even though she knows how to swim and get out on her own I am very concerned about her getting in when nobody is around and don’t' want to take a chance of anything happened to her. We all need to be very careful about putting the gate back up when done swimming. The pool only came with a ladder and we purchased steps that go into the pool and my husband built a deck that goes right up to the pool, if it weren’t for those two things she would not be able to get out on her own.

heading to the steps to get out

climbing out of the pool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts