Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lani is 8 months and shedding lots now but last month very little. Today I normally brush her every other day.
But my wife noticed that in the sun light you can see the pink of her coat!
How much to brush?
She eats good quality food
She doent itch much

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
at 8 months and time of year it is quite possible he is losing puppy coat along with seanson shed which would result in a lot of shedding for a couple weeks.

Over brushing can damage coat and or skin but a lot depends on what you are brushing with. A hound glove is not going to do any damage

the same with a kong zoom groom KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush, Boysenberry, Small/Puppy - Chewy.com

IF over used a fulminator even in a single use can strip and break coat. Furminator Ruins A Dog's Coat? Or Should You Use It?

Slicker brushes can damage skin is over used or used to harshly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mikey, thanks for the info and links . I have a pic of the brush we are using.

Finger Kitchen utensil Recipe Fruit Fast food

She is losing a lot can see her pink skin coming . I’ll brush less and just rub her coat as so much comes off.
Do you knew w any thing about teething?

thanks again

at 8 months and time of year it is quite possible he is losing puppy coat along with seanson shed which would result in a lot of shedding for a couple weeks.

Over brushing can damage coat and or skin but a lot depends on what you are brushing with. A hound glove is not going to do any damage

the same with a kong zoom groom KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush, Boysenberry, Small/Puppy - Chewy.com

IF over used a fulminator even in a single use can strip and break coat. Furminator Ruins A Dog's Coat? Or Should You Use It?

Slicker brushes can damage skin is over used or used to harshly

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
that brush should not be causing issue like a furminator. which is like a clipper blade with a handle.

teething general starts 4-5 months when baby teeth fall out and adult come in and another round 10-12 months when third molars (wisdom teeth) come in which is often worse than the first teething,

·
Registered
7 Posts
lani is 8 months and shedding lots now but last month very little. Today I normally brush her every other day.
But my wife noticed that in the sun light you can see the pink of her coat!
How much to brush?
She eats good quality food
She doent itch much

Thanks for your help
It's not always about too much brushing or not but the type of brushing. Make sure you are using a brush that is adequate for your little one. Hope it helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts