Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Birch Briar: You told me before, but I forgot...what is the name of your vet and the clinic that she works at again? Did you say the clinic is in Osseo?? I'd really like to start taking Emma to a vet who knows alot about bassets. Our vet is okay...but I like the idea that your vet has bred bassets. Thanks!

A

·
0 Posts
Hey Emmasmom, the name of the vet clinic that we take Ben to is Vet Center on Main, and it is in Osseo. Dr. McArdle is the vet who is also the basset breeder. She is great. The whole staff is great, very friendly and professional. The telephone number is 763-315-4643. Do you have any specific health concerns for Emma? Good luck, and let me know what you think. Martha :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I have nothing specific with her right now...she does get frequent ear infections though. But I've started cleaning her ears with the Blue Power stuff (that you told me about :) I just think bassets are such a special breed, and I'd rather have someone who knows about their specific issues instead of someone who doesn't, know what I mean? Peace of mind I think. I'm bummed that's it way over in Osseo...but I can deal with that. Thanks again!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Greetings from another Minnesota basset person. Dr McArdle has a great reputation, but we're in the same situation - Osseo is a little far for regular vet visits.

Second, I've no first-hand experience with him, but there is a Dr. Dan Anderson in Roseville that I've been told is very knowledgeable with bassets, as well.

Finally, a couple of us with multiple bassets are helping build our own expert in our vet in Shoreview, as well. (Bentley alone has been a basset education for him!) Also, you can find local basset owners a valuable resource, and the local basset club (www.gmspbhc.com) can probably provide even more vet recommendations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts