Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pups....

I now I should respect you because you have been dealing with dogs etc etc for much longer that what I have but these harsh words -

"Actions have consequences, and one of those consequences is judgement by others."

Why do you need to openly judge other peoples mistakes - there is only one who can judge and I really hope you know your maker Betsy. This is why the world is such a mess, people judging other people left right and centre.

Lets take this scenario - would you wanting other people to judge you if you accidentaly lost your dog or even worse drove over your dog with your car?that's way worse than bringing pups in the world and then giving them loving homes.

the point i'm trying to make....mmmm stop "abusing" others on the forum and continue the help and encouragement.

people are different - accept this and them

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Judgement by others is a reality, pure and simple, as you have just illustrated. That's also what the judicial system does, and that's why we have civil and criminal courts.

Let's leave the religious claptrap out of it, please. This is a board about basset hounds, not our religious beliefs.:roll:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Lets take this scenario - would you wanting other people to judge you if you accidentaly lost your dog or even worse drove over your dog with your car?that's way worse than bringing pups in the world and then giving them loving homes.
Well I think you've got this backwards. :( There is a degree of responsibility in running over or losing your dog. The level of responsibility depends on the circumstances but no sane person sets out to do either of these on purpose. If I was drunk and backed over my dog than I should and would be judged. A person who irresponsibly breeds dogs does it on purpose with the goal of making money, letting their kids see the wonders of birth and other selfish reasons. Sure I judge them and I'm going to keep on doing so until they learn to be responsible breeders or stop breeding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A person who irresponsibly breeds dogs does it on purpose with the goal of making money, letting their kids see the wonders of birth and other selfish reasons. Sure I judge them and I'm going to keep on doing so until they learn to be responsible breeders
Do you honestly think that by judging them you're going to change them - come on?!

Think constructively not destructively!

Did you create this platform to constructively advice people or to break them down and critisize them(judge them)????

Example: "You could have said :"Hi Ginni, so glad the pups are ok,please take special care of them when placing them and make sure they won't be dropped at the pound, as most mixed breed pups are. This should never have happened, but we are proud of the way you are handling the situation and loving the little pups and their mommy."

and as for the religion - sorry guys this is who I am and He is part of me- I love with my Lord and Saviour.[/quote]

·
Registered
773 Posts
Betsy and Barb, very well said.

Biting my tongue until it bleeds,

M.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Keep the religiosity off the board. There will be no more warnings.

ETA--"proud"??? :lol: :lol: :lol: If memory serves, she tried to blame it on her kids. Sheesh. :roll:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks, moderators. Tongue bitten.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree that breeding puppies they way she did was wrong, but I agree some things were very harsh, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am new here and reading that forum made me afraid to post things about my basset for fear that I would get Judge or told I was stupid and shouldn't have a basset. I thoroughly enjoy this forum, all the cute pictures and funny stories and the great advice on what to do in certain situations, I just hope that I don't ever have to read such harsh words about me and what I am doing wrong. But like I said everyone is entitled to there opinion this is why we are who we are.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
If that's not flamebait, I don't know what is. :roll: There are plenty of boards that are supportive of irresponsible breeding and pet ownership. This is one of the few that isn't.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definition of "Flamebait"

According to www.wikipedia.com:

Flamebait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a \"flame\") or argument over a topic the troll often has no real interest in. (This is not to be confused with tweaking someone.)

There are various motives or explanations for this behavior. The most popular is the desire for attention and the desire for entertainment at the expense of others. Posted flamebait can provide the posting party with a controlled trigger-and-response setting in which to engage in conflicts and indulge aggressive behavior anonymously, without facing the consequences those behaviors would certainly bring to bear in real life. In other instances, flamebait may be used to reduce a forum's use by angering forum users.

It is often hard to determine who is really responsible for the degradation of a reasonable discussion into a flamewar. Someone who posts a contrary opinion in a strongly focused discussion forum may be easily labeled a \"baiter\", \"flamer\" or \"troll\". Therefore, it seems especially important to make the rules and focus of a discussion forum public to avoid misconceptions about its accepted use.

Taking the bait refers to someone who responds to the original message regardless of whether they are aware the original message was intended to provoke a response. Often when someone takes the bait, others will point out to them YHBT for \"You have been trolled\".

Colleen

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok so that was negative towards me I am assuming? What I said was Flamebait? I guess I need to get up to date on my forum jargon, cause I just look like an idiot.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I support Betsy and everyone else who seeks to educate people about responsible pet ownership. When I joined Cyberhound I was a new Basset owner and an inexperienced dog owner who was ignorant of things like irresponsible breeding, BYB's, puppymills, and pet problems caused by people with good intentions but little information. Through this board I learned so much... how to raise a happy, healthy hound and how not to support or contribute to a system that profits from the misery of other creatures. Sometimes I made mistakes and the advice I got was part reprimmand and part useful information. I saw the truth to it and had to swallow my pride to do what was best for my dog. I LEARNED from it. Sometimes the truth may sound harsh but it IS the truth. Ignorance is not knowing the truth, but when you hear the truth and choose not to listen to it it is no longer ignorance... it is stupidity. I understand that you may have had your feelings hurt. But you should take a good look at what was said and do a little research on your own. I think you'll see that there is truth to it. You'll also find that there are no grudges held here. A fact was stated; if it is recognised, fine; if it falls on deaf ears, so be it. Either way, someone who reads these posts may learn something they didn't know and the knowledge will spread. Like it did to me...

Terry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts