Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has done titer test? Read about it just now it means you don't have to inject with all these boosters etc.I am just aware of so many dogs getting cancer whether it's down to how bad mass produced kibble is now or over vaccinations?Something I did read which wish had known before (as my first dog had cancer) was when getting there annual vaccinations to get the injection in the leg or tail (as awfull as it sounds) in order that should cancer be caused from it that the tail or limb can be amputated.Sorry for the awfully horrific ideas but am just wondering.

· Registered
9,871 Posts
you can do titers if they come back positive you need not vaccinate, The problem is just because they come back low don't does not mean you need to vaccinate, Rabies challenge test for 5, 7, and beyond where not successful so it requires every 3 years Distemper et.al challenge test exceed 5-7 years and likely life-time current US recommendation is every 3 years some where around 8-10 year we stop a vaccinations except rabies,. http://mczar.members.sonic.net/Vaccination Protocol, 2014.pdf

we had one dog we refrained from giving the rabies vaccine to because of adverse reaction,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts