Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
There ain't nothin like a hound dog!

I just read all the posts in response to "Times they are a-changin" and wanted to encourage all you owners of senior bassets to cherish your time together. I lost my basset Lucy, Oct 09 at age 11, when she crossed the rainbow bridge. I could tell for her last 6 months, she was really slowing down and getting ready to cross over. Much of the literature I"ve read on bassets lists their average life span 10-12 years. So from the beginning, I tried to remind myself of that fact. Alas, it didn't make loosing her any easier. I've seen my husband shed more tears over loosing Lucy than the loss of any human life we've experienced. It's a perplexing phonomenon, how attached we had become to our basset and how much we love the unique characteristics of the breed; that soulful look, loving personality and zest for the outdoors! I've joined this forum and others like it to share in the lives of other basset owners b/c I miss my girl so much. But I too, like another post author, fear that no other basset will really be able to replace my girl Lucy. But, I honestly think, another basset will come along when the time is right. For now, all you lucky basset hound owners: cuddle, walk, hunt, share treats and slurpy kisses with your hounds especially during the twilight stage of their life and remember, they will always be with you in spirit............cause.........there aint' nothing like a hound dog! Lovin You All the Time! Happy Valentine's Day..................Lucy girl, where ever you are..........hunting rabbits over the rainbow, for sure!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.