Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a beautiful day here in Massachusetts. Jack and Maggie are presently in the backyard sunbathing. I was wondering if those of you who live in New England are starting tick prevention (Frontline, Advanticks) now. I know some apply year round, but I try to somewhat minimize the applications to April through Oct.. Jack and Maggie have always been tick and flea free, but I'm wondering it I should start today with the warm weather. Thanks for some input

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Down here, definitely. In fact, we've had tick problems all winter, although not nearly to the extent we have in summer.

In more normal (?) years, I begin the tick prevention March 1st. Last year, I began the end of January-February.

But this year, they will have been on it --- since last year because I didn't stop.

A

·
0 Posts
I am in Pa several hours south of you I was going to start April 1
Do you all buy yours on line?? I always got it from the vet but 3 months was 52.00 OUCH

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I've seen ticks already here in south central Pa.- Murray has been on Frontline for a month. Since we both contracted Lyme in December 2004 during a warm spell, I'm really paranoid. As soon as it thaws I put him on it, and keep him on it until there's snow on the ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts