Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden Atticus is afraid to come back into the house. He goes out fine, but acts like he is afraid to cross the threshold to come back in, you can tell he wants to but is just to afaid to. he has just started this. At first i thought it was because he didn't want to be left behind ( he has resently been acting up when we go to leave for work or what ever, this seems to have started after basset fun days and then the next weekend we had to work longer hours then usual (even though our daughter was home to feed them and let them out) seems like he is saying that either one, he had so much fun at fun days he wants to go with us all the time, or and, he thinks if we leave we wont come back or come back late again. This is so strange to all of a sudden to come up with these weird behaviors) But now seeing him this morning when we all were home and not ready to go anywhere he totally acted like he was just afraid to walk through the threshold.

any ideas? :?

·
Registered
50 Posts
A Basset's behavior can change from one day to another. Rosie was scared to go outside because we built a small closet on our screened porch and she thought something was in there ready to get her. I had to stand there and hold the door closed, even though it was closed, for her to go. Strangely enough, whatever was in the closet didn't want to get her when she came back in. LOL.

Evidently, Atticus's has a definite reason for acting different and he is the only one who knows. He might be doing just what you said - conning you into doing what he wants as basset are famous for.

Sandra

·
Registered
775 Posts
We have two kennels for our girls and one time Dolly pinched her toe going in hers. After that for about 2 weeks she wouldn't go in her kennel at all. She would go in and out of Patty's just fine. We moved them to another room and she goes in fine now. I don't know if this helps just a thought that something may have scared him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts