Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just the saddest thing. She has been sitting under the mango tree several times a day, just waiting for squirrels. DAILY since they caught one a couple of weeks ago. I guess she's just determined to get another one. She sits there with this sad look on her face. Does this not just break your heart!? I don't know what to do :(

When I call her, she comes in. But this is where I find her when she's MIA.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My cat used to do the same thing with junebugs down our chimney when I was younger. One junebug would come down, she would get all excited and my mom would catch it within 2 minutes and then she would sit there for the rest of the evening watching for the next one.

I wouldn't worry about her being sad, she wouldn't sit there if she didn't want to.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does this not just break your heart!? I don't know what to do[/b]
You own a hunting dog who's doing it's thing :unsure:

You could buy her a live rabbit and throw it to her :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is just the saddest thing. She has been sitting under the mango tree several times a day, just waiting for squirrels.[/b]
Squirrels???!??? Why is she be pining for squirrels when whe could be pining for MANGOS!!!??? :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow she CAUGHT a squirrel. I'll have to tell Lula - she has been chasing for more than 7 years - it will give her hope. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
714 Posts
What a familiar sight! Minnie has a place where she stays outside, just waiting to ambush some unsuspecting critter. I wish I had a pic. Unless it's raining or really cold out, she will stay in her 'hunting spot' 2-4 hours.

Does this not just break your heart!? I don't know what to do[/b]
Nothing you can do, and I bet Dixie really isn't sad, just wants more squirrels... :p

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
In our neighborhood, spring is hapless baby bird season. :eek: So far, they've caught and consumed two...that we know of. :unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts