Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been lurking around for a while and this seems like the perfect place for us. My family me wife and 4 year old son have Daisy our 15 month old basset. She and the breed have fit in perfectly with us my wife works from home and Daisy loves having her around. She is the best dog I have ever owned and my first basset. That being said I am considering a second basset. This time we are looking to adopt through our local rescue. So those who own two or more bassets do you have any advice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
OK, that was a joke. We have 2 rescues, and it's great. They play all the time. Is Daisy a dominant or submisive dog? We have one dominant (Woofus) and one submisive (Snoopy) and it works out fine for us. Here's a website to help you find your nearest rescue. Basset Hound Rescue Home Page

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys @woofus my wife loved your first reply. I would say Daisy is a submissive she seems to roll on her back and plays with the dogs at the dog park not a big rough houser. Thanks for the link thats where we found the two rescue's by us its a great site. @bubad that was the plan looking for a male over the age of 3.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I loved having two. One thing to consider is whether the new dog is a trotter or a sniffer. When on walks, Stomps had to sniff every blade of grass, every bush, every tree. Lightning just wanted to run. I often could be found standing on the sidewalk in my "Jesus on the cross" pose as Stomps pulled me in one direction and Lightning in the other. So keep that in mind. Other than that, I say go for it!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Do it. Adopting is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts