Basset Hounds Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sharon,

I hope that food is the answer for Pearl. I know a few years ago Roady had every test except the colonoscopy, which would have been our next step, when my vet said, "I want to try the fish and potato before we do the colonoscopy." He had been on I/D. I also tried the low-reside I think. It was like a miracle "drug." It worked for several years when symptoms returned and we put him on duck and potato. So I'm not sure if he has IBD, food alergies or both. Of course in a older dog with constipation and/or diarrhea the first thing I always think of is "cancer." :(

Thanks for the update and hope the food is a cure-all.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Pearl is very allergic, generally, so that may be part of it. I hope. She was on fish and sweet potatoe, for no particular reason, when she got sick. It seems as if for most of my Basset owning life, I've had at least one dog on ID, if not both....

G

·
Thinking good thoughts of Pearl. I almost lost Max to a tummy thing at the emergency vet a while back--she'll do fine--especially with lots of TLC. Max has food allergies, too, so I can really sympathize.

Mike M

21 - 23 of 23 Posts