Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kibble tastes WAY better when it is knocked out of the bowl and scattered accross the floor.

Water tastes better when you stick your paws in it, sit in it, drop your ears in it.

Poop is edible....Yea...I almost barfed at that one!

Poop is even more fun when your dad is freaking out trying to clean it and keep you from eating more it it

If they piddle in their play area, then it is only natural to step in it....roll in it...drag their toys through it....

When you make a feable attempt to clean said piddle, it becomes a game of "I am going to steal the rag out of your hands, knocking you off balance so you fall in the piddle....then they hide their obvoius laughter.

They love to army crawl in the morning grass.

They love crawling in the dirt. - dirt is edible as well.

They love it best after they crawl in the morning grass, then the dirt and then jump on your freshly laundered Khakis!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am nodding my head in agreement. Winston is still doing all those things. Gross story: he's obsessed with Molly's poop. He was sniffing it this morning and brought some in on his nose. Ugh nasty! I am happy to say that very little grosses me out since I got these 2.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Water tastes better when you stick your paws in it, sit in it, drop your ears in it.
Just waiting till they discover toilet water has more flavor and stays cooler.

They love to army crawl in the morning grass
enjoy it while you can as they get older wet grass becomes highly toxic to the average basset.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
really? why?? Worm is in the grass almost daily, and sometimes it's wet. unfortunately, he also tries to eat grass clumps.

With a basset hound you are asking WHY!! who knows why proabably a manifestation of the general water phobia, getting wet, swiming baths etc. not ever dog but the majority, I think also there is some learned behavior to it to, that is the human is more likely to join the dog when the weather is good, the grass is dry etc.

Macey hates wet grass that is unless she knows she gets to chace bunnies then she could careless.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If they piddle in their play area, then it is only natural to step in it....roll in it...drag their toys through it....

When you make a feable attempt to clean said piddle, it becomes a game of "I am going to steal the rag out of your hands, knocking you off balance so you fall in the piddle....then they hide their obvoius laughter.
Sounds like you are having fun. ;)
I always love it when Molly pees in the middle of PetSmart (she gets way too excited when approached by strangers) and then proceeds to wag her tail back and forth in said puddle, slinging it everywhere and getting her tail soaking wet in the process. Lol

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
With a basset hound you are asking WHY!! who knows why proabably a manifestation of the general water phobia, getting wet, swiming baths etc. not ever dog but the majority, I think also there is some learned behavior to it to, that is the human is more likely to join the dog when the weather is good, the grass is dry etc.

Macey hates wet grass that is unless she knows she gets to chace bunnies then she could careless.
WOW - I wonder if that’s what is wrong with Lucy at times - I'll have to find photos and post what her paws get like when she's having a reaction to something. We've never been able to pin it down - we just treat it till it goes away for a while. And it happens in the summer / fall months. We figured it was an allergic reaction to something – we just couldn’t figure out what. And it comes about literally overnight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts