Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally found a way to keep them out of the garden this year. Before they would dig under or jump over the fence, but this year I put up an electric fence. Dozer must of got zapped already, because he stays about 3 feet away, and barks at it now. I had a little trouble with Digger at first, but he got zapped after crossing it a couple times. Now he avoids it too.
Don't worry about them. It's made for pets, and isn't as strong as cattle fences. I even tried it out. I couldn't feel it, because my shoes were too thick, so I grounded myself and it felt like I bumped my funny bone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yup I have one also.Works great.Hank chewed through our wood fence to go explore not once but twice.He has been introduced a couple of times and now avoids it like the plague. I touched it my self a few times pulling weeds and its not bad at all.Lets you know its there but not bad.Although I have one spot that I will have to re do.He found a way to pull out a day lilly I planted.It was close enough to the out side of the wire.I guess he was feeling brave.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Growing up we had an electric fence around our entire yard because my dogs were escape artists. I have touched one MANY times (my mom gotta love her would say "Heather go check to see if the fence is on" ...you'd be amazed at how many times I fell for it). Last year when I lived at my parents house she put one around her garden for Lily. Lily only touched it once before she learned to stay away and then we didn't even have to turn it on anymore...

~Heather

1 - 3 of 3 Posts