Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and that is snuggle up on Mom's bed, under a blankie surrounded by warm, fuzzy things!

The weather in Cincinnati is awful today. We woke up to several inches of snow on top of the 6" or so we already had. With the temperature hovering right around freezing, we have had a mix of rain, sleet & freezing rain today. This is not a fun snow for Spencer. It is so heavy & wet & he sinks when he goes out. He's spent the day so far as he is in the picture above. Being off today (I am a teacher & school is closed) I have been working on a paper for a class I am taking, with breaks for visits to Cyberhound of course! I am ever hopeful tomorrow will bring us another day off school, as this weather mess is supposed to continue into tomorrow morning. Even with the welcome breaks from work, I wish for warmer weather. Someone send us some! :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
A huge storm is coming toward New England, so we're hoping for a snow day tomorrow. If it goes the way the weather people are telling us it will, I don't think my three will leave the porch to do their business tomorrow :blink: ...........

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What a cozy spot to snuggle in. Bogie is curled up on his bed by the fireplace with it's gas logs blazing. That's the same storm that came through here yesterday and last night and gave us 5 inches of snow. It's only a -3 here today but sunny. We are ready for warmer weather as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is such a precious picture!
We had a bad storm here today, and it's supossed to get worse tonight I guess. There's power out in many parts of the city because of the ice ,luckily not here yet though!

·
Registered
775 Posts
We had tornado winds this afternoon in our area :huh: Then one hour later, the sun was shining and I walked the dogs in shorts???? Crazy Florida weather!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Spencer looks very warm and cozy. :lol: Does he get up there all by himself? Or does he need a boost? :huh:

Yuck! We're waiting for a winter storm to begin, as Aruuuu has said. But, being in Southern New England and only a short distance from the coast, we are expecting a messy mix of snow, sleet and rain, followed by a flash-freeze as temps plummet tomorrow night. <_< I'd rather it be all rain or all snow... and NOT a slushy mess turned to solid ice. :eek: My son is hoping for a snow day. We got our snow blower ready, filled the woodrack, gathered kindling, and put our new car in the garage. Moe will weather the bad weather in his usual way... alternating between snoozing on the couch and snoozing in front of the woodstove. :)

Tis the season, I guess.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our power just came back on, after being off for 4 1/2 hours. It was getting pretty cold in here! Spencer was on the bed with 2 covers piled on him! There is so much ice on power lines & trees. The news is reporting over 100,000 customers still without power in Cincinnati. My & my Mom's back yard is full of broken tree branches from neighbor's trees. It will be a fun clean up! I worry about sending Spencer out to potty the way the branches are falling. On the bright side, I have another day off school tomorrow - 2 in a row, almost unheard of in the district I teach in!
Daisy Bell's Mom, where in Ohio are you? It's bad here, but supposedly worse in other areas.
Maggie's Mommy, I'll trade places with you! :lol:
Terry, Spencer has steps to get on & off my bed. My brother built them several years ago when Sadie started having problems with arthritis and I was concerned about her jumping on & off the bed.

Stay warm, everyone!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, sounds cold. Where, oh where did you get those steps for the bed?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Janice,

After all that time in Bassetchusetts, I'd think you wouldn't rub it in. :angry:
Just kidding, you are tops in my book!
Here in northern MD, we got a couple inches of snow, then sleet, freezing rain, and back to snow.
Gotta watch the hounds' paws until we get some melt, it's mighty crusty out there.

Everyone stay warm!

·
Registered
79 Posts
We've had all kinds of crazy weather here in Kansas as well. Two weeks ago we had an ice storm (not as bad as the one we had in 2005), then 6 - 8 inches of snow on top, then February 14, more snow flurries. Happy Valentines' Day everyone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live right around Columbus, we only got to a level 2, but I didn't go into work today, only 2 of the staff made it, and NO kids showed up. Our district manager kept telling us to go into work, and no kids showed up they were aggervated (I work at a childrens learning center) There's ice EVERYWHERE!! There's like icicles that are 14 inches long hanging off of the garage, it's crazy.
Our power just came back on, after being off for 4 1/2 hours. It was getting pretty cold in here! Spencer was on the bed with 2 covers piled on him! There is so much ice on power lines & trees. The news is reporting over 100,000 customers still without power in Cincinnati. My & my Mom's back yard is full of broken tree branches from neighbor's trees. It will be a fun clean up! I worry about sending Spencer out to potty the way the branches are falling. On the bright side, I have another day off school tomorrow - 2 in a row, almost unheard of in the district I teach in!
Daisy Bell's Mom, where in Ohio are you? It's bad here, but supposedly worse in other areas.
Maggie's Mommy, I'll trade places with you! :lol:
Terry, Spencer has steps to get on & off my bed. My brother built them several years ago when Sadie started having problems with arthritis and I was concerned about her jumping on & off the bed.

Stay warm, everyone![/b]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Welcome to my life! I was thinking of flying down to Cincinnati to visit my friend Dawn, and get away from winter for awhile...but forget it now :p

Your hound has the right idea, just go back to bed...

Sandy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sandy, no escaping winter in Cincinnati right now. We are setting record lows. Normally in the 40s, but has been in the teens & single digits with wind chills below zero.

Steinar, yes, Spencer is doing fine! He'll have to hunker down for awhile longer, as we are expecting a few more inches of snow Saturday. Thankfully, no more ice coming!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Sorry Corvus! Everyone should come visit me! We're supposed to have a massive heat wave tomorrow of 79 but by Monday (hubby's day off; holiday), it'll be in the mid 50's.

You know we left Bassetchusetts because of the weather. 6 yrs was enough of that! I'll never forget when we put our house on the market. The for sale sign sunk in the 70+ inches of snow. tee hee

Janice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts