Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me this week that the expenses of a Therapy dog, like vet bills and medications. Does anyone know if this is true and where I might additional information. I have tried googling it but didn't really find anything of substance.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some one told me that expenses for therapy dogs are tax deductable. I find this hard to believe and wanted to check it out.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Ask the TDI tester- but I would be very surprised if that was true. Maybe the person you spoke with was thinking of service dogs, like a seeing eye dog? That seems more likely, but I don't know.Hope all went well today on your veteran's hospital visit!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Baby Duck- I just came back from the nursing home where Murray and I will be doing our twice- monthly visits, and was told that travel mileage to and from the pet therapy visits is tax deductable as a charitable contribution- you just have to keep a log.The volunteer co-ordinator said she thinks this has been done to encourage more people to volunteer because there is such a need.We live so close that I won't be doing this, but thought you would be interested in this information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts