Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, not only did we blow the SuperBowl :eek: , but the weather here in Boston has been horrendous ever since. It's been either raining or snowing or hideously cold and blustery so His Majesty and I haven't had any satisfactory walks in over a week. We're both beginning to feel it, Francis has been a royal pain in the neck and is pestering me no end to go out or play tug o' war with his vile, stinky "Baby". I'm feeling like a slug and have had insatiable cravings for grilled cheese sandwiches or chocolate.
Where, oh where is SPRING?!?!?

·
Registered
773 Posts
We're in Central MA, and our weather's been just as bad. Last night we had several inches of snow, followed by sleet, freezing rain, and finally rain. The flooding is simply horrendous, and God FORBID the college would call a snow day. In their infinite wisdom, they gave us a two-hour delay. Most faculty have cancelled, so students are struggling to get here only to find out they don't have class anyway! We secretaries are the only schmucks around :angry: ........

The dogs go out and come right back in because they're cold and wet. They're no sooner warm and dry than they want out again! They're dancing and prancing, barking and playing indoors. Usually, I don't really care, but our house just went on the market and we have people coming through today and Friday, and on Sunday DH (real estate agent) is doing an open house. You know how they say, "The way you live is NOT the way you show your house"? Try that with three dogs, two cats, and four people in a house!!!!! :blink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Henry, Harold, Kathy and I had the pleasure of spending the 2002-2003 winter on the Esplanade in Middletown RI. I walked those dogs twice a day in pouring rain and single-digit temps. Of course we must have had 20 significant snows that winter and it was windy two of three days at the beach, and very windy one of three days. The only times the dogs refused to walk was when the wind blew the sand ankle deep through the air.

After the President's Day storm:

Of course, after our walks, we'd have a nap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts