Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I figure out which of my sweeties chewed my new shoe to pieces?? Is there a trick to finding out which one did it?

I got a new pair of "fancy" flip flops from Target yesterday. Black with pretty shiny beadwork. Not expensive but for a certain outfit. They were for today ...they had not even been worn! One of the babies sat in the closet and chewed the thing to pieces. It wasn't taken very far out of place ...just throroughly enjoyed, on the spot ..and then left for me to find.

I probably have ten pairs of these things, all over the house, inside and on the patio. Why was my NEW pair chosen?? How do they know??

So how do I get to the bottom of this? Is there a trick to getting one of them to 'fess up?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That's the problem of having more than one Basset! They never tell who "did it." So, you can't punish anyone because that would not be fair. You might be punishing the wrong one. They have each other's backs. ;)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Please, PLEASE, don't jump to conclusions... you may wind up punishing an innocent Basset! Moe thinks it was the sneaky and very cunning "Shoe-fetish Burglar". He's been all over the news lately. His MO is to break into unsuspecting Basset-owner's houses (leaving no sign - he's a skilled burglar) and then select certain shoe/shoes (male or female - it makes no difference) which he then chews them until he's satisfied his secret addiction. He'll then either plant the evidence of his wrong-doing near some poor sleeping Basset, or leave it where he found it, depending on how much time he has available. He's not particular - he'll chew shoes from Walmart or Gucci - nothing is safe. Innocent Bassets everywhere were being wrongly accused of the terrible crimes, until one very intelligent detective (who owned an angelic Basset) uncovered evidence of the serial-chewer! It's been suggested that he may be a trusted shoe-store employee or perhaps even a podiatrist. The authorities are no closer to catching this diabolical crook than when they first heard of him. Be glad that he only chewed ONE shoe. When I was victimized by this evil fiend, he chewed the left shoe from THREE pairs of new, never worn shoes! I, too, blamed the innocent Basset, much to my eternal shame.

Terry 8)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sigh... our home was victimized as well... twice on the left shoe- I have two very nice right footed shoes with beading if anyone has a match :lol:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Originally posted by faysie

So how do I get to the bottom of this?  Is there a trick to getting one of them to 'fess up?
Your only chance is to follow them around at potty time and check for "evidence." "Shiny beadwork" should make it an easier job, but that will only work if the culprit swallowed any of the aforementioned footwear.

CSI ain't got nothin' on me! 8)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have a pair of flip flop 'crocs'. They seem to be make of strong rubber. I can't count the number of times I've pulled one them from Moose's slippery, wet lips. They seem to be indestructable. (very comfy too.)

Sandy

·
Registered
109 Posts

when eeyore has done something really bad.. he will lower his head when we walk in the door so we know he feels bad about something. I just wonder if we had two if he would act normally so he wouldnt be caught..humm bassets can be vindictive

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even with only one basset in the house, you won't find the guilty party. Bassets just don't admit to guilt.

When Daug was a pup I heard a loud noise from the living room. Daug came racing back to the computer room at full speed and hid behind my legs.

I got up to see what had happened and Daug followed. When I saw the end table turned over I looked at Daug and asked her what happened?

Daug just looked back like, "I don't know, remember I was in the computer room with you!"

·
Registered
775 Posts
Well that awfull shoe chewing bandit has struck again. He chewed a new pair of flipflops(left one only). The strange thing is while he was here he also chewed my daughters hair brush and my cell phone charger cord in half. I know it had to be a bandit because none of these sweet faces could be guilty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts